Count Kromire

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Count Kromire

Post by Velensk »

I don't know why the art isn't working, I spent an hour yesterday trying to fix the same problem for War of the Dragon. I'm pretty sure that it isn't a related problem, as I've gotten War of the Dragon to the point where it should be playable.

That error shouldn't show up unless for some reason either you don't have Era of Myths archived, or the directories supplied where incorrect.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

Am I the only one whose map I'll k went on strike? it hates me.. :( ill it :evil:
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Pariah wrote:Am I the only one whose map I'll k went on strike? it hates me.. :( ill it :evil:
*Performs verbal surgery*
Pariah wrote:Am I the only one whose map went on strike? it hates me.. :( I'll kill it :evil:
So angry that he got his words all jumbled up. ;)

What do you mean that your map went on strike?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

>.<;;

I mean I got so mad I got my tabs mixed up and posted that in the wrong thread :oops:
Webster52402

Post by Webster52402 »

Ektheleon wrote:I was having this same problem, made the changes and now it says "Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type 'EOM_Noble' "

Also, no graphics are showing up by the campaign name or the difficulty selections. Don't know if the two are connected.

I have EoM epsilon 4, CK 1.1.2, Wesnoth 1.6, and Mac OS X 10.5.5
Did you remember to change that opening line before {EOM_TO_CAMPAIGN}? Note that that changed, I didn't notice that for a while, and got the same error as you did. You need to change that line to {@campaigns/Era_of_Myths/_main.cfg}.
Last edited by Webster52402 on April 11th, 2009, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Webster52402 wrote:You need to change that line to {@campaigns/Era_of_Magic/_main.cfg}.
Make sure it's Era_of_Myths, and not Magic. ;)
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

I really enjoy this campaign myself, and I know half the people in school are also interested, what with the Twilight series being on everyone's mind. The thing that I noticed was the when I leveled up Kromire, he didn't have a unit pic. Why?
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Webster52402

Post by Webster52402 »

Turuk wrote:
Webster52402 wrote:You need to change that line to {@campaigns/Era_of_Magic/_main.cfg}.
Make sure it's Era_of_Myths, and not Magic. ;)
*Facepalm* That's what I get for playing Era of Magic games all day. Though I would like to see Era of Magic campaigns. :D
JW

Post by JW »

Webster52402 wrote:I would like to see Era of Magic campaigns. :D
You should probably post in era of magic threads instead of era of myths threads for that.

Also, I'll ask Espreon why {EOM_TO_CAMPAIGN} isn't working....
Ektheleon

Post by Ektheleon »

I don't see that line anywhere in there. Here's the text of my _main.cfg file

Code: Select all

[textdomain]
    name="wesnoth-Kromire"
    path="data/campaigns/Kromire/translations"
[/textdomain]

[campaign]
    #textdomain wesnoth-Kromire
    icon="../../Era_of_Myths/images/vampires/noble.png"
    name= _ "Count Kromire"
    define="EOM_Crow"
    first_scenario=Therian_Village
    difficulties=EASY,NORMAL,HARD
    difficulty_descriptions={MENU_IMG_TXT2 "../../Era_of_Myths/images/vampires/noble.png" _"Lord" _"(easiest)"} +
    ";*" + {MENU_IMG_TXT "../../Era_of_Myths/images/vampires/sire.png" _"Sire"} +
    ";" + {MENU_IMG_TXT2 "../../Era_of_Myths/images/vampires/methusalem.png" (_"Conquerer") _"(hardest)"}
    description= _ "You are the blood son of a vampire lord, however when the might of the celestial crusades comes knocking, and your father is slain, you flee your lands. However you intend to return, to restore the lands of Kromire to the Kromires, to avenge your father, and most importantly, to make sure that no celestial ever dares come into your mountains again." + "

YOU MUST HAVE THE ERA OF MYTHS INSTALLED TO PLAY THIS CAMPAIGN 

" + "(Version" + " Beta.1)"
    image="../../Era_of_Myths/images/vampires/noble.png"
[/campaign]

#ifdef EOM_Crow
#define ERA_OF_Myths
#enddef
#define EOM_CAMPAIGN
#enddef
[binary_path]
    path=data/campaigns/Kromire/
[/binary_path]

{@campaigns/Era_of_Myths.cfg}

[+units]
    {@campaigns/Kromire/units/}
[/units]

{@campaigns/Kromire/scenarios/utils/}
{@campaigns/Kromire/scenarios}
#endif
I don't know if it means anything, but none of the pictures it references are showing up either.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What we are saying is that you need to replace that section of the file (look back a page for fix).

The reason I have not fixed this, is that for some reason my computer keeps loading up an old version of the campaign, and as such I can't upload a fixed version.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Angrenpaur

Post by Angrenpaur »

Ektheleon wrote:I was having this same problem, made the changes and now it says "Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type 'EOM_Noble'

substitute "Noble" with "divine champion" when opening Prophets Blood

And if not mistaken, that's the fix I have

Code: Select all

{@campaigns/Era_of_Myths/_main.cfg}
{EOM_TO_CAMPAIGN}

[+units]
    {@campaigns/Kromire/units/}
[/units]
Ektheleon

Post by Ektheleon »

Further little kink: I made all the changes, and now it'll start on normal difficulty, but it gives the same error on easy.
rogo

Post by rogo »

There is a typo in version 1.1.2 in the file scenarios/9Prophecy.cfg line 56:
"type=EOM_Divine Champion"
should read
"type=EOM_Divine_Champion"

Best regards
JW

Post by JW »

Thank you for the reports. Count Kromire is being moved to UMC-dev svn for a while to help clean up these bugs. Hopefully they will be resolved shortly. :)