Descendants of the Dragon - 2.1 Released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bonehead11

Descendants of the Dragon - 2.1 Released

Post by bonehead11 »

Its placement would be east of wesnoth, behind mountains and marshes, if I looked right.May be changed.

The concept is that it would be mix of japanese and chinese cultures. On the north would be living the more japanese influenced culture and on south more chinese culture. Both cultures would worship dragons as higher deity, but there will be more mythical beigns wich will be inspired by chinese,japanese folk tales. But they would have different way of life. North faction would believe that they should follow traditions worship higher deitys, they belive that they are here so they can protect and take care of nature, that people should develop their spiritual self so they can devout it to protect mother earth. They will be more like religious faction, wich will be seen in their troop tree. They will have fedual style of hierarchy.
South faction would believe that humans should develop themselfs and go further, invent things, go beyond borders of human thinking, with their belief they will use new kinds of gadgets wich will be again seen in the troop tree. They would be far less religious but they will still respect supernatural beigns, they belive too that people shouldnt wage wars and they think that people shouldnt follow others but make their own way, so they will be more anarchits and rebellious like.

North faction
Hardy folk, from the harsh, cruel and cold northern mountains. Hard living conditions made these people knit close together, developing deep traditions, strong religious beliefs and strong bonds between societies, castes. There are many tribes,with minor distinctions, some deeper in the mountains,some living in hilly countrysides, but all share common traits and mainly traditions. After the exploration of the deep of mountains, these people have found their new gods, the wise, allpowerfull, demigods, known as dragons. Dragons,seeing the potence of these hardy people, have decided to create a treaty, sharing all the secret, wisdom and knowledge for them, for protection, respect and worship. After this faithfull encounter, they became zealous in terms of religion, abandoning the "old gods" and worshiping the new gods, the dragons, not only for wisdom, but higher spiritual link to the creator. Thus fanatical military societes were created, like warriors of dragon, sages and even the highly twisted disciples of dragon, the monstrocities named halfbreed. Still honoring the old days, they kept the old samurai caste, honored ashigaru and defenders of the old gods ascetic yamabushi,and religious sohei.

South faction
Will have weaker units but will be cheaper and will have more diversity in weapons so you will have more room for strategy.They will have strong ranged units from crossbow marksman to powerful guns and bombs.They will have almost no magic units, but it will be compensed by superior technology.Their dragon flame would be superior ranged unit, not even sohei would be able to stop its ranged atack, if its able to be programed.They will use flamethrower like weapon and its fuel would be strong alchemical consistence known as dragon flame, inspired by greek fire :) .Their hermit will be only unit with magic.I forgot in thier units to add musketeer line.They will be very strong ranged unit but will lack hp and meele,instead of the Xbow line wich will be weaker on ranged but more health.Herbalist would be stronger healer than healer of north faction but will lack hp,dmg...yet again.

North faction would have mountain and forest like terrain and south faction would have more lowland marsh terrain.

Here is the troop tree, will be updated.

Code: Select all

North faction:

--Ashigaru Swordsman--Dragon Warrior--Bloodbrother
                            --Dragon Raider--Winged Dragon
--Peasant

--Ashigaru Longbowman--Samurai--Elite Samurai
                                      --Mounted Samurai--Daimyo

--Monk--Sohei
              --Bishop--Disciple of Dragon--Halfbreed
                         --Enlightened
                         --Sage
              --Yamabushi
        --Assasin--Ninja
        --Informant--Geisha

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -South faction - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--Conscript--Footman--Jin Mao
                      --Headcutter--Zhu Futou
                       --Swordsman--Zhu Jian--
                       --Horseman--Qibing                                 
                                      --Chariot--Fire dragon
                       --Arquebusier--Musketeer
        --Xbowman--Marksman--Ju Ji Shou
                        --Phoenix
                  --Alchemist--Archalchemist--Dragon flame
     --Scholar--Herbalist--Yaoshi
                  --Hermit--Saint
                  --Tactician--Officer

--Bountyhunter--Mercenary--Shinobi

Workforce:Bonehead11-Art
Mnewton1-Coding

You can suggest, comment and give ideas at workshop: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24007.
Last edited by bonehead11 on April 21st, 2011, 7:04 pm, edited 25 times in total.
mnewton1

Re: Descendants of the dragon

Post by mnewton1 »

This sounds cool and would probably make a good campaign as well. I will help you with some of the coding. And what do you mean your art is not that good. I think it looks great. I personally can't wait to see what the castle looks like. But I will help you code some of your units, but i want to code the castle for a bit of extra practice. So can I help?
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

If you know how to do animations, stats, add some special abilities etc. then youre in.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Cool, I know how to do that

What exactly do you need me to do?
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

bonehead11 wrote:If you know how to do animations, stats, add some special abilities etc. then youre in.

Can i be in
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Flameslash wrote:
bonehead11 wrote:If you know how to do animations, stats, add some special abilities etc. then youre in.

Can i be in
You don't know any of those things.
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Please delete this moderator.
Last edited by bonehead11 on February 10th, 2009, 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

zookeeper wrote:
Flameslash wrote:
Can i be in
You don't know any of those things.

Yes i do!

Removed animations made with copyrighted images.
Attachments
Yesicanpighead.gif
Yesicanpighead.gif (8.02 KiB) Viewed 9840 times
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Please delete this moderator...again.
Last edited by bonehead11 on February 10th, 2009, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok, I will start doing that. Also I will make your sprite transparent. Can you post just a basic description of the sprites like

Peasant
movement=5
hp=27
attack= 4-4 blade

just something simple like that so I have something to go on

Edit: for the guy that is part dragon I think i can do it.
Creator of Ageless Era
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

The peasant should be the same as the wesnothian... but others... I dont know Ill have to think about it, I think you will know it much more better than I do. I wil PM you with the others.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok. Do you want your guys do be another race or just humans?
Creator of Ageless Era
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Eh humans...well except some units.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok. Can i suggest that you finish the dragon warrior line before doing the rest of the images. I have 2 of them coded but I can't code the other until you tell me or show me what weapons they have

EDIT: here are the units I have coded
Son-of-Dragon.cfg
Samurai.cfg
Mounted-Samurai.cfg
Peasant.cfg
Bloodbrother.cfg
Dragon-Warrior.cfg
Ashigaru-Xbowmen.cfg
Ashigaru.cfg
Attachments
DotD.zip
(8.81 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
Creator of Ageless Era
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok instead of having the same unit (AKA peasant) be on both factions. I think that the south should have farmers with sickles and the north should have peasants with pitchforks, or maybe a hoe. What do you think? I also think the same for the ashigaru. I think you should have a swordsmen as north and a spearmen as south. Mostly because the north has no spear wielding units and it seem weird for the spearmen to lvl up into a swordsmen and not a pikemen glavier or elite spearmen. But the south has a glavier
Creator of Ageless Era