Delfador's Memoirs

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Reval

Re: Delfadors Memoirs announcements and bug repots

Post by Reval »

Just wanted to report that I experience the same bug as some others: At the end of "12_terror_at_the_ford_of_parthyn" I get an error message that a unit can't be stored. (I guess Delfador or Chantal.)
This probalby explains why "14_shadows" crashes at the end of round 10 with a message that a unit can't be retrieved. I tried to finish 14_shadows, in round ten and I did it but 15_save_the_prince doesn't really run smothly then either...
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I think I found the bug with the recall units. So I am testing. In the svn version though I was able to play with the bug with the recall units
without problem until scenario 18. So, can you post a savegame or replay?
I assume you are using svn trunk both for wesnoth and DM. Scenario 12 crashes were caused by an AI bug, which has been fixed in svn.
Reval

Post by Reval »

So here are my savegames. Since I played it more than once, there are more than one file per scenario. I started playing the scenario with the version I downloaded from the extension server, but after I didn't work, I used the trunk files.
Attachments
DM-Saves12_14_15.zip
(563.76 KiB) Downloaded 593 times

fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

New Version on the addon server.
Enjoy!
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

About time! Downloading!
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
ramses66

Post by ramses66 »

Had the bug where a unit could't be stored at the end of scenario 12 "The terror at the ford of Parthyn" (not sure about the scenario numbers since I just uninstalled 1.5.7 to install 1.5.8 ) I assume this was Chantal since

a) When she arrives to talk to Kalenz at the end of scenario 13 (the first Kalenz scenario) the unit doesn't arrive on the map nor do I see her text dialogs, just Kalenz'.

b) Starting the next scenario again, would be nr 14 I guess (fog of war all over), she doesn't start next to Kalenz as I assume she's meant to since her death is one of the defeat conditions.

I'm assuming this was the most recent version of the campaign since when I chose "update all" before I uninstalled 1.5.7 just now only another campaign came up.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I don't have this. My version has no problem until scenario 18
pihlstrom

Post by pihlstrom »

I am still stuck in the 16th scenario .(see my question 9th of january.)
Please give me a link to download properly the campaign.I would like to go on.
PIRUET
Reval

Post by Reval »

With the latest version fromthe add-on server, I don't have the bug that ramses66 had anymore (which I had to as I described it) but at the beginnng 15_save_the_prince, Delfador is a Journyman Mage again and I cannot even recruit new units.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Thanks for the reports. The point is that there is a bug with th campaign and we are working to fix it. It does not make sense to upload the latest, because even that is broken in scenario 18, but the fixes have to be applied in earlier scenarios. So thanks again and please bear with us while we try to fix this. There will be an announcement when ready.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

I believe to have fixed all that Delfador being lvl one again bug in svn.

Please test it.
If Santi is happy with it I could uploading a new version to the addon server this day.

Greetings, Fabi
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Your portraits need some attention to get rid of the black borders - Kitty should be able to provide a Delfador version that's corrected, but Methor's one will need some editing.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I think the first priority artwise is Iliah-Malal.
Probably both as necromancer(until he dies in scenario 10) and as lich in later ones.
Then, in order of decreasing importance we might want
Lionel (currently esr's frankensteined version of Aldar from loW is used)
Then maybe
Sagus(alive and undead)
Garard II(since it's the prince and not the King in scenario 15 after the story change; but maybe the king should be older and the prince should use the King's image. right now the King looks young enough to go to battle)
Reval

Post by Reval »

Nope, I cannot see any improvment Regarding the Delfador beeing a Journyman Mage again. Since it was said that the bug might have its origin much earlier that in "Save the prince" this might be the reason for it since I just tried to start Save the Pricne/King by finishing "Shadows in the dark" again. This would really be a pitty since I certainly do not play Delfadors Memory from a much earlier stage for a thrid time.
I attached the two relevant save games. Gameversion is still 1.5.7 DM Version was the latest from the trunk.
Attachments
DM-Shadows_in_the_dark_Runde_15f.gz
(51.07 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
DM-Save_the_Prince-Autospeichern1.gz
(43.15 KiB) Downloaded 462 times

fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Reval wrote:Nope, I cannot see any improvment Regarding the Delfador beeing a Journyman Mage again. Since it was said that the bug might have its origin much earlier that in "Save the prince" this might be the reason for it since I just tried to start Save the Pricne/King by finishing "Shadows in the dark" again. This would really be a pitty since I certainly do not play Delfadors Memory from a much earlier stage for a thrid time.
I attached the two relevant save games. Gameversion is still 1.5.7 DM Version was the latest from the trunk.
There are several stages where that can go wrong, let's see.
The variable in which delfador is stored to rest while Kalenz is the leader is stored at the end of scenario 12.
That means you need to load the prestart savegame from that scenario.

You can cheat your way through from thereon and continue to play after you reached the scenario that is new to you.
Press ":" after loading the save from scenario 12 prestart.
On my german keyboard that is done with "shift+.".
That should bring you the ingame commandline.
You need the command "debug" to enable the debug mode which allows cheating.
After that call "cl" to switch to the scenario 14.

In scenario 14 you can use the "n" command that just skips one level.
I believe Santi wants to remove all elven recalls and all elven recruits in scenario 15 so you should not miss that much units or experience through the procedure.

Did this work for you?
Greetings, Fabi