new unit to the undead

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Are those the nazgul in the background?
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Nope, there's too many.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

Thinking of undead, they all come from a "magic plane", because their existence is not natural. So they should have more "magic traits". What do you think?

Also, i've been thinking in an hability called "Alignment Cancelation", that cancels the enemy alignment for 1 turn. So if you are legal and someone invoke this magic you will not take benefits from daytime in your next turn. That can be done making that unit neutral for next turn.
autolycus

Post by autolycus »

tigrezno wrote:Thinking of undead, they all come from a "magic plane", because their existence is not natural. So they should have more "magic traits". What do you think?.
I think it's the other way around. The bodies and remains and all the material parts actually come from THIS plane, so the magic which allows undead to move etc is actually unnatural, a sort of energy that is here under pressure and shouldn't be here at all. When you dispel undead by using holy weapons or whatever, you are actually squeezing the unnatural magic back to where it came.
as kingfishers catch fire
so dragonflies draw flame
-GMH
autolycus

Post by autolycus »

tigrezno wrote:Also, i've been thinking in an hability called "Alignment Cancelation", that cancels the enemy alignment for 1 turn. So if you are legal and someone invoke this magic you will not take benefits from daytime in your next turn. That can be done making that unit neutral for next turn.
Forgot to address this. I think this enforced neutrality thing can work if you create an aura which changes the time of day one hex around the unit (just like the 'light' ability). You can have a dark ability, you can have a neutral ability, you can have an anti-light ability (which makes dark light and light dark). Such units are easy to implement, intuitively easy to use (if you can use a white mage, you can use these) and add variety.
as kingfishers catch fire
so dragonflies draw flame
-GMH
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

good, some undead unir should have a dark aura.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

[rant]No **** new abilities!!! There is no reason for it!!! AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN GOOD IDEAS!!![/rant]

Really, i don't think undead need and new abilities, specials, etc. They have drain in many units, can't be poisoned like normal units, since they are undead, and have dark adepts.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

turin wrote:... can't be poisoned like normal units, since they are undead...
:o explain this to me!!!

And yes, undead have dark adepts, but human have 6 types of mages with lots of magic habilities, and a dark aura is the same as the light aura but in dark color.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Why not have a skeleton wielding a giant umbrella that blocks off sunlight?
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Why not have a skeleton wielding a giant umbrella that blocks off sunlight?
Why not have a light mage a giant halogenous lantern that throw light in the darkness?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I think i prefer Neorice's idea. :wink:
Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else! :)
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

That wouldn't make sense! How can the mage of light wield his mace and staff AND a huge latern..unless he wore it on his hat...hm

*edit* spelling ;.;
Last edited by Neoriceisgood on August 7th, 2004, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

this topic is becoming [censored].
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

And it's my fault..
Mutxiko
Location: Neuilly, France OR Basque Country, France OR Taniquetil, Aman :p

Post by Mutxiko »

IMHO, this topic is quite similar to the one I posted some time ago : "A new unit for the Undead".

So why don't you go on with the initial topic about it ? ( moreover a new branch for the Dark Adept fits MUCH better the Leadership ability, IMO )
Mutxiko

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.
Nai elyë hiruva. Namárië!