make a new campaign

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
trescolord

make a new campaign

Post by trescolord »

One suggestion is to make a campaign about the internal struggles of Wesnoth after it is recaptured by Konrad. I think it would be cool to play a campaign in which the Game of Houses was involved(as in lords competing for the thrown). Maybe a cival war could happen or something too. Just a suggestion to think on it. Thanks.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: make a new campaign

Post by turin »

trescolord wrote:One suggestion is to make a campaign about the internal struggles of Wesnoth after it is recaptured by Konrad. I think it would be cool to play a campaign in which the Game of Houses was involved(as in lords competing for the thrown). Maybe a cival war could happen or something too. Just a suggestion to think on it. Thanks.
I don't like this idea... it wouldn't be interesting at all. Besides, wesnoth is not about having a complex plot, it is about the gameplay, mostly, and i don't think having the Game of Houses would even make a good plot.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

well, if you want to make a campaign you can learn WML. Most campaigns are user-made; only HttT was made by the original developers....
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dacyn wrote:well, if you want to make a campaign you can learn WML. Most campaigns are user-made; only HttT was made by the original developers....
and i suspect it will be the only one made by the 'original developers'.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Probably, because they're way to busy to make the game realy good in all other aspects; and other people can make campaigns; so why would they worry about adding an additional campaign? You don't see any new unit ideas comming from the developers anymore right?
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

trescolord wrote:One suggestion is to make a campaign about the internal struggles of Wesnoth after it is recaptured by Konrad. I think it would be cool to play a campaign in which the Game of Houses was involved(as in lords competing for the thrown). Maybe a cival war could happen or something too. Just a suggestion to think on it. Thanks.
The "Game of Houses," eh? Has someone been reading the Wheel of Time series lately? :roll:
trescolord

Post by trescolord »

ya i have been reading that series actually, long books.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Speaking of campaigns, is anybody working on a dwarven campaing right now? I would definately enjoy a dwarven campaign.
Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else! :)
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

DarkOx55 was, but he's AWOL.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Here's the link:

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

I really liked the beginning of the campaign, especially the end of the second level. I thought it was surprising and original.

And the roleplaying elements of the third level were rather interesting as well.

There is a push among some people to seperate the dwarves from the outlaws in multiplayer, and thus to destroy the knalgan alliance. If we had a few more dwarf units in the game (dwarf scout, runemaster, and maybe some more sharpshooters), I think you could make a very interesting campaign.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Jetryl wrote:
The "Game of Houses," eh? Has someone been reading the Wheel of Time series lately? :roll:
I think people should be reminded that if you use an idea derived from another source, it will look far less tacky if you provide attribution of the source of the idea.

Imagine how tacky it'd look if the Wesnoth developers kept it secret that Wesnoth's rule system was modelled after Master of Monsters, and then users started discovering that on their own....

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming