New campaign: The three elves

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elven

New campaign: The three elves

Post by Elven »

Hello everyone,

with help from Viliam Bur, Anezka Bubenickova, zookeeper and many more I am now writing something about the unofficial campaign - The Three Elves.

Well, it is a campaign playable for elves. Three elves are coming into swamplands, where they begin an adventure. In this campaign, player can find a classic fighting scenarios, "long march" or a survival map.

Three elves, Merhil, Nerelia and Lahias, are fighting against undead, orcs, and some peasants on the beginning. With help of the new allies, they win a final battle. But...

But there is also a second option - last scenario is playable also for the dark side, what can change everything of course.

Campaign is also strange a bit - because main character, Lahias, can become an archer, fighter of a scout.

Campaign have 6 main scenarios and an interlude - duel.

Good for both novicers and experts, too.

Campaign is now on addons server and soon it will be on gettext.

Please, try it, and write here anything what you think that can be useful :)

some infos...

• Author: Stanislav Hoferek (Elven)
• Maintainer: Stanislav Hoferek
• Version: 0.6 (6 Scenarios and interlude)
Last edited by Elven on December 25th, 2008, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
docrock

Re: New campaign: The three elves

Post by docrock »

in "Rise of the Undead" on BfW 1.4.7 with default difficulty i get "unknown unit Elvish High Lord" if i choose that option.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Elven

Post by Elven »

docrock wrote:in "Rise of the Undead" on BfW 1.4.7 with default difficulty i get "unknown unit Elvish High Lord" if i choose that option.
yes, i repaired it. in wesnoth there is "High_Lord", and i forgotten "_". all is ok now
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
docrock

Post by docrock »

in "The Great March" it's "unknown unit type Goblin Rider"
Elven

Post by Elven »

docrock wrote:in "The Great March" it's "unknown unit type Goblin Rider"
damn! well, going to fix it. one minute and it will be ok
docrock

Post by docrock »

ok, bug gone, different bug appearing: i had to start that scenario over again to apply the fixes from your newer versions. everything looked good several turns into until i tried loading a saved turn. after that certain units on the recall list were doubled, like for example: Marionel, Zerenhil, Roccondil, ... certain others are not. save-file incompatibility or ... ?
Elven

Post by Elven »

docrock wrote:ok, bug gone, different bug appearing: i had to start that scenario over again to apply the fixes from your newer versions. everything looked good several turns into until i tried loading a saved turn. after that certain units on the recall list were doubled, like for example: Marionel, Zerenhil, Roccondil, ... certain others are not. save-file incompatibility or ... ?
i found this bug and reported to dave. it looks that it will be repaired in wesnoth, it is not a bug in my campaign. i think :)
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Hi Elven:

That it's a interesting campgain ;), alrthough IMHO, the most difficult scenario is the fist one.

By turn 18 of the Party for vultures scenario I had liquidated all the enemy leaders except one, who is liquitated by my allies. Shortly after, the game locks down and I had to close it manually. Any ideas?

Greetings lastjuan
Elven

Post by Elven »

lastjuan wrote:Hi Elven:

That it's a interesting campgain ;), alrthough IMHO, the most difficult scenario is the fist one.

By turn 18 of the Party for vultures scenario I had liquidated all the enemy leaders except one, who is liquitated by my allies. Shortly after, the game locks down and I had to close it manually. Any ideas?

Greetings lastjuan
i am sorry, i have no idea why - and the guys from IRC do not want to talk with me about it.

i am trying to fix it myself, but i do not know if i will fix it.

are the grey rangers on the map? specific unit. or better to say: samin is avenger?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

What channel are you on in IRC? :hmm:
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Elven

Post by Elven »

Turuk wrote:What channel are you on in IRC? :hmm:
i am not in IRC 24 hours a day :)
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Elven wrote:i am not in IRC 24 hours a day
No one can be, but I was asking what channel you were on that you were meeting with little help from the people there. Then I would direct you to a channel where someone might be able to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Elven

Post by Elven »

Turuk wrote:
Elven wrote:i am not in IRC 24 hours a day
No one can be, but I was asking what channel you were on that you were meeting with little help from the people there. Then I would direct you to a channel where someone might be able to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction.
sure, using classic wesnoth channel. also any ideas can be here, too. or not? :)
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

That's a great place to be for questions or problems if someone is around to answer them (the devs are busy on their own channel most of the time), but I would post them up here as well as it allows more of the community to see your issue. Few people use IRC compared to the number of people on here, so this is a better outlet to get your questions answered.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Could people stop to add files with spaces in the names? This breaks translations.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!