Shadow Master out

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Shadow Master out

Post by Iris »

Hi. I wanted to leave a note here so that nobody would assign bugs to me or anything for a time. My laptop's power-on button broke, so I'll not be able to use it, obviously, until I bring it to tech support... once I can pay for it.

The last thing I did before it broke was fixing a few bugs related to the "Update Add-ons" dialog in my working copy. Unfortunately I couldn't commit it or transfer to a different media since I never thought I'd lose the laptop to such a stupid problem, so I recreated a fix with an older revision (pre-1.5.4) I had on my desktop computer. (Patch #1110).

I'm deeply sorry for having commited that broken code in the first place. I can't understand why writing the buggy code lines in particular took me so many hours, whereas fixing them took me a few minutes. I'm also sorry for not being able to run 'svn diff' to create a cleaner patch, since I'm lacking a svn checkout and the means to make one at the moment.

Besides the laptop, I've been having other major problems that may not allow me to get back to Wesnoth for undefined time. So have nice end-of-year celebrations.

P.S. I trust both AI and ESR for administrating wesnoth-umc-dev properly during my absence.

---

Uh, and that was the message for the developers. The message for the users is... may the Force be with you.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Mica

Re: Shadow Master out

Post by Mica »

It's really great to know that it's only a technical reason you've left. Many people were worried that you'd left us for good. I hope all goes well, and that it gets fixed soon!
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Shadow Master wrote:...So have nice end-of-year celebrations...
That long? Image
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The brute-force approach sometimes works better than money.

Smashy smash.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Well good luck, Shadow Master, and hope you get the money soon. :-)
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

I read you have an Acer laptop... you are screwed then, their support is crappy, at least where I live (even though it has somewhat improved a little recently).

Well, hope to see you around again soon.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

As a Christmas present, I have received an HP with an AMD of double 64-bit core, 3 GB of RAM and 250 GB of HDD space (not 1024-multiples, though; that's the marketing trick :annoyed: ).

Compared to the broken Acer with single-core AMD 64, 768 MB of RAM and 80 GB HDD, this is a really awesome gift.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Shadow Master wrote:As a Christmas present, I have received an HP with an AMD of double 64-bit core, 3 GB of RAM and 250 GB of HDD space (not 1024-multiples, though; that's the marketing trick :annoyed: ).

Compared to the broken Acer with single-core AMD 64, 768 MB of RAM and 80 GB HDD, this is a really awesome gift.
Nice! :D
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!