new unit to the undead

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Burnsaber

new unit to the undead

Post by Burnsaber »

I dont if it should be a branch or a boughtable(is that a real word, btw?). But maybe the undead should have a skeleton drummer that has leadership and ability make all hostile, lower level units lose any bebefits from their leaders, or something other fear-related ability. Are fear abilities already discussed? I think that thisnew unit could give the hordes of undead sort of an army feeling.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: new unit to the undead

Post by turin »

Burnsaber wrote:I dont if it should be a branch or a boughtable(is that a real word, btw?). But maybe the undead should have a skeleton drummer that has leadership and ability make all hostile, lower level units lose any bebefits from their leaders, or something other fear-related ability.
personally, i think this is a bad idea. How could undead be lead? they are mindless, willess beings.
Burnsaber wrote: Are fear abilities already discussed?
Yes.
Burnsaber wrote: I think that thisnew unit could give the hordes of undead sort of an army feeling.
Why is that a good thing?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dacyn

Re: new unit to the undead

Post by Dacyn »

Burnsaber wrote:boughtable(is that a real word, btw?)
no. 'buyable' is.
Burnsaber wrote:But maybe the undead should have a skeleton drummer that has leadership and ability make all hostile, lower level units lose any bebefits from their leaders, or something other fear-related ability.
Try to think of units that don't require new abilities. They are much more likely to be accepted.
Burnsaber

Post by Burnsaber »

I dont really know where i got this idea. maybe it was some movie i saw? but i remember how there were lots of undead walking in rythm with the drum. slowly, but surely they came and seemed unstoppable. Maybe it could be a branch in the Skeleton archer tree. With a magical music attack? doing low damage but hitting many times like 2-5?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

My personal vision of fear would be the direct opposite of leadership; instead of upgrading your own troops of lower levels; you downgrade the enemy troops of lower levels, this -is- implentable as it would work practicaly the same, however I do not think a skeleton with drums would be exactly "Fearsome"
scott

Post by scott »

Burnsaber wrote:I dont really know where i got this idea. maybe it was some movie i saw? but i remember how there were lots of undead walking in rythm with the drum. slowly, but surely they came and seemed unstoppable.
But you can only hire him by holding the Necronomicon and saying, "Klaatu Barata Niktu"
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Neoriceisgood wrote:My personal vision of fear would be the direct opposite of leadership; instead of upgrading your own troops of lower levels; you downgrade the enemy troops of lower levels, this -is- implentable as it would work practicaly the same, however I do not think a skeleton with drums would be exactly "Fearsome"
A Spectre is the only thing that could possibly be that fearsome. Or Saruman, but we don't have a LotR campaign yet.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Saruman was a silly old goat, pack my lunch bish.
Elvish_Pillager

Neoriceisgood wrote:Saruman was a silly old goat, pack my lunch bish.
But was he? He used to be a very great wizard, and could he not still be, given the chance? He could turn the tide agaist Sauron, and with Gandalf's aid they could have mended many of the things that were lost forever....

[/sarumans_voice]
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

So? He died in the book, and so did sauron; all ends well.
Elvish_Pillager

Neoriceisgood wrote:He died in the book, and so did sauron
Died? What is it to die? No doubt he will find another form that suits him, and haunt the Shire anew. Unless they pay him some sort of tax, which suits the good he once did unto them.... [/sarumans_voice]
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

scott wrote:
Burnsaber wrote:I dont really know where i got this idea. maybe it was some movie i saw? but i remember how there were lots of undead walking in rythm with the drum. slowly, but surely they came and seemed unstoppable.
But you can only hire him by holding the Necronomicon and saying, "Klaatu Barata Niktu"
Can we get a rebel human unit that has a chainsaw and a boomstick? I think it would be really cool. Go Ash!

The movie we're all referring to, of course, is "Army of Darkness" or "Evil Dead III". I think you idea of a skeleton drummer is a bad one, but it came from a good source.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

gimme some sugar, baby

Burnsaber

Post by Burnsaber »

Oh yeah that it was! I thought about it and come to my senses. It wount be that great after all. Maybe all stuff related to undead shouldnt be thought off.
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?
Bander

Post by Bander »

Best movie evvverrrrrr! the undead chainsaw murderer is sooo going into the game. But no units should have a music attack unluess we have a wesnoth version of N'Synch. In that case, well the internal hemorageing in all but deaf units would cause instant death.