Campaign: Tale of a Mage

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jani

Re: Campaign: The Life of a Mage

Post by jani »

well but it aint working at 1.4 neither unknown scenario townsquare...
Gedankenschinder

Post by Gedankenschinder »

SkeleRanger wrote:I haven't released anything for the 1.5.x branch yet. I tried to once, but there are some bugs with the new AI so I'm just sticking with 1.4 for now.
Normally you should be able to work with 1.5.4 (and lesser versions), the new AI appears first at 1.5.5.
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

I've upgraded to 1.5.4 and I was thinking about changing the name of my campaign.

Instead of

:annoyed: The Life Of A Mage :annoyed:

it'd be

[angelic_music] Tale of a Mage [/angelic_music]

I think its more accurate as the campaign is not the typical life of a mage and I think it has a better ring. I want to run it over some other people before I make a huge change like this, though. So do you think it would be a change for the better?
'We've strayed into a zone with a high magical index... Don't ask me how. Once upon a time a really powerful magic field must have been generated here, and we're feeling the after-effects.'
'Precisely,' said a passing bush.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

I say do whatever pleases you :)
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
jani

Post by jani »

that would be nice
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

SkeleRanger wrote:I want to run it over some other people before I make a huge change like this, though. So do you think it would be a change for the better?
My only thought is that if you run people over, they're much more likely to see things your way. :lol2:

I would say Tale of A Mage sounds much more exciting, Life of a Mage makes someone think of just a normal, everyday life.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

Turuk wrote: My only thought is that if you run people over, they're much more likely to see things your way. :lol2:
:lol2:

Alright then if people like it then I'll change it.
'We've strayed into a zone with a high magical index... Don't ask me how. Once upon a time a really powerful magic field must have been generated here, and we're feeling the after-effects.'
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
jani

Re: Campaign: Tale of a Mage

Post by jani »

when is new release coming?
t3st3r

Uhm, I have a lame question =)

Post by t3st3r »

Excuse me for pretty lame question but where can I download this campaign? On Wesnoth server I can't see "Tale of a Mage" campaign at all. I can see "The Life Of A Mage" here instead. Is this same campaign but earlier version? Or what's wrong? I also can't see attaches so I have to ask this stupid question, sorry.

I'm using Wesnoth 1.4.5 under Kubuntu x64 if this matters.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

It is The Life of a Mage on the add-on server by SkeleRanger, he has not had a chance to change to the name yet. If you download it, it is still the same campaign.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
t3st3r

Uhm...

Post by t3st3r »

I'm still have troubles playing this campaign. My The Life Of Mage campaign version is 0.5.1, just fetched from server.
I'm getting the following error message when trying to load 1st scenario:

Code: Select all

20081124 06:03:07 error general: The following add-ons had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/<user>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Life_Of_A_Mage
ERROR DETAILS:
^preprocessor symbol 'ABILITY_MATERNAL' expects 1 arguments, but has 0 arguments at /home/<user>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Life_Of_A_Mage/units/Peasant_Wife.cfg:24 included from /home/<user>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Life_Of_A_Mage/_main.cfg:115
^Missing closing tag for tag abilities at /home/<user>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Life_Of_A_Mage/units/Peasant_Wife.cfg:22 included from /home/<user>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Life_Of_A_Mage/_main.cfg:115 at /usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/core/macros/abilities.cfg:5 included from /usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/core/_main.cfg:6 included from/usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/_main.cfg:4 included from /home/<user>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Life_Of_A_Mage/units/Peasant_Wife.cfg:23 included from /home/<user>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Life_Of_A_Mage/_main.cfg:115
^
Then another error occurs:

Code: Select all

20081124 06:08:13 error general: Unknown scenario: '00_1_Townsquare'
*** Edit *** worked this issue around by removing this ability so game now starts =)
jani

Post by jani »

what must i change if i want to play the 1st scenario?

i have the same error
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

Sorry, I've been really busy. The newest version 0.7 is uploaded to the 1.5.x server and it seems to work fine for me, although I haven't had time to play through the whole thing. If you find a bug please tell me.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
jani

Post by jani »

scenario regrets wont work properly
1. i dont have a king.
2. after first turn you lose (enemy dont even have to move!!) how can i win
3. were is lhyron?
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

Ok, I'm pretty sure I fixed it.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage