Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mica

Re: Abandoned campaigns you can take over and work on

Post by Mica »

Fabi,

Mythological is working on Elf War.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Mica wrote:Fabi,

Mythological is working on Elf War.
That are good news.
The campaign is one of my favourite.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Yeah it is good. I'm a tester for him to tell him what's wrong, or if it needs balance tweaking, etc.

It should be ready soon, but right now he's inactive because he's busy with life (college, work, etc).

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Rhishisikk

Post by Rhishisikk »

Is there a place where the campaigns and their maintainers are listed? I've noticed a break in New Order when the young prince dies. I'm tempted to take that to task, but saw earlier that we should only take tasks we know are within our limits. Much as I like this campaign, it is probably just a hair or two (or more!) beyond my WML ability.

But back to the original question - is there a list of tasks/subtasks anywhere? I'm willing to codeslave until my skills ARE enough to give New Order a much needed update.

Also, is there a thread like this for eras and mods? It's way past time they were brushed up, rebalanced, and combined into larger eras. THIS IS NOT A ONE-MAN TASK. I'm willing to codeslave and secretary for it. Actually, I'm off to post in the Eras thread, that's where THAT idea belongs.

Python Rhishisikk
Typhon Rhishisikk

If a man has a talent and cannot use it, he has failed. - Thomas Wolfe
Wesluck (TM): Guaranteed unlike any other luck, anywhere else. - Typhon

Main Projects: ANL: Universal (era), Gambit's Empire Builder
Mica

Post by Mica »

There really isn't - you could check in the campaigns credits file.

A New Order is finished but not maintained. It has many bugs and needs polishing. You're free to work on it if you want.

Rhishisikk

Post by Rhishisikk »

Fools! Now to begin the second stage of my diabolical plot!

Er, I mean, thank you. I'm busy most of today (until 9 or 10 PM), but I'll be happy to get on that task. Expect my posts to rise dramatically as I ask simple noob questions on other boards.
Typhon Rhishisikk

nightscout

Post by nightscout »

Unless someone is already working on it, I would like to continue North Wind.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

And if anyone is interested in helping with Delfador's Memoirs, I already have made an extra scenario, but probably will not be able to put in the time to polish it. In any case I will not touch DM until finishing LoW. That said, I think DM is a very interesting campaign that was left incomplete by its original author and has a few more very interesting stories to tell. So if anyone wants a classic campaign with orcs, humans and undead this one is a good one
Rhishisikk

Post by Rhishisikk »

I'm ready to release my first revision, but the add-on server rejects it because of incorrect password.

1) Can someone just delete the old file so I can publish ANO with my password, or:
2) Is there another way around this? (PM, for example?)
Typhon Rhishisikk

Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Rhishisikk wrote:1) Can someone just delete the old file so I can publish ANO with my password, or:
Done.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
thebohemian

Post by thebohemian »

What about putting unfinished/outdated campaigns into a special branch of the wesnoth SVN?

That way there would be a central place for looking for stuff like this. An author/uploader could also leave some comments beside a campaign and tell about its state. Just like it is being done in this thread.

On a bigger thought such a branch could also keep unfinished units, music and the like ...
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

santi wrote:And if anyone is interested in helping with Delfador's Memoirs, I already have made an extra scenario, but probably will not be able to put in the time to polish it. In any case I will not touch DM until finishing LoW. That said, I think DM is a very interesting campaign that was left incomplete by its original author and has a few more very interesting stories to tell. So if anyone wants a classic campaign with orcs, humans and undead this one is a good one
Hi santi, I'm back and I'll try to fix and evolve the DM. After porting to 1.5 I'll try to finalize the last scenario DownTheHills.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

thebohemian wrote:What about putting unfinished/outdated campaigns into a special branch of the wesnoth SVN?

That way there would be a central place for looking for stuff like this. An author/uploader could also leave some comments beside a campaign and tell about its state. Just like it is being done in this thread.
The thought is good and I think it's come up before but the only problem is that with the amount of add-ons on the server, no one is sure of all of the campaigns that have not been maintained, not been updated, or even finished. Especially since a number of times people upload their campaigns, get it working, and then maintain it with the new versions, often without posting the maintenance to the forum. Or people are working on a campaign that starts off well and just falls by the wayside. I'm all for your idea of coordinating and trying to establish what goes where for ease of use, but the task at hand then is that people would have to download and playtest everything.

Which, if you go back to the beginning of the thread, we tried to do in the past, but never got past just a little hunk of them. But if you're willing to aid in that, I certainly support that.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

Turuk wrote:
thebohemian wrote:What about putting unfinished/outdated campaigns into a special branch of the wesnoth SVN?

The thought is good and I think it's come up before but the only problem is that with the amount of add-ons on the server, no one is sure of all of the campaigns that have not been maintained, not been updated, or even finished. Especially since a number of times people upload their campaigns, get it working, and then maintain it with the new versions, often without posting the maintenance to the forum. Or people are working on a campaign that starts off well and just falls by the wayside. I'm all for your idea of coordinating and trying to establish what goes where for ease of use, but the task at hand then is that people would have to download and playtest everything.

Which, if you go back to the beginning of the thread, we tried to do in the past, but never got past just a little hunk of them. But if you're willing to aid in that, I certainly support that.
So try to look at sf.net for project wesnoth-umc-dev
the 'wesnothian' home page is http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/UMCSandbox
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Bobo the Bee

Post by Bobo the Bee »

Hey, I was wondering if there were any half-done campaigns I could try my hand on for my first project.

~ Bobo