Help! Wesnoth won't recognize my .cfg file

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Shadowdweller

Help! Wesnoth won't recognize my .cfg file

Post by Shadowdweller »

Right. So, it's my first time trying to create a scenario thingy. Based on the builder's wiki, I created a .cfg file using wordpad and placed it within the ~wesnoth/userdata/data/campaigns directory. When wesnoth failed to recognize it, I tried placing it within the ~wesnoth/userdata/data/campaigns/scenarios/multiplayer directory. Still no luck. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Here's the file
Attachments
Citadel.cfg
(3.84 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Help! Wesnoth won't recognize my .cfg file

Post by zookeeper »

When you put it in userdata/data/campaigns/, you must either:

1. Also create an empty directory called userdata/data/campaigns/Citadel/. The game won't load your Citadel.cfg unless it finds a similarly named directory there, too. Feel free to submit a feature request for removing the limitation.

2. Simply move/rename your Citadel.cfg to userdata/data/campaigns/Citadel/_main.cfg.
Shadowdweller

Post by Shadowdweller »

That worked! My thanks :D
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

zookeeper wrote:1. Also create an empty directory called userdata/data/campaigns/Citadel/. The game won't load your Citadel.cfg unless it finds a similarly named directory there, too. Feel free to submit a feature request for removing the limitation.
Fixed.