The History of Burin

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

uzytkownik

The History of Burin

Post by uzytkownik »

It still on early stage of development. However I post it here as "Release Early, Release Often".

It introduces a few events before fundation of wesnoth - some of them may be unorthodox (I have a plot in mind which changes a few things that has been said in TRoW - but only if we assume the full knowledge of them).

Current stage is:

- Scenario 1: Playable (I hope). Not balanced. However the tactic is too easy so I'm planning a bonus for defending the fron line. The difficulty levels have to be changes as the gold do not change the hardness (I have to allow recruit L2 units)
- Scenario 2: Talking only
- Scenario 3: Playable (I hope). Not balanced. The 3 paths have to be more balanced so the choice is more harder and/or make the main one virtually impassable.
- Scenario 4: Not finished. Need to implement - bonus per turn of resistance. The lost of the 'blown up' units etc. (i.e. not pushed back).

All scenarios needs to have better dialogs - preferable with scotish accent for dwarves ;) (I'm not native speaker so I have no idea how to create that).

I've attached the current stage. <del>I'll post it to github as soon as they finish 'pushing changes'</del> The git repository: [url]git://github.com/uzytkownik/the_history_of_burin.git[/url]. To campaign server I'll push as soon as I get something more or less playable.

Constructive and valid comments are welcome - even 'not very nice'. I have no experience with the scenario development and with WML - that's my first campaign.
Attachments
THoB.tar.gz
THoB - at *very* early stage of development.
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
AI
Developer

Re: The History of Burin

Post by AI »

Attached a diff fixing some minor spelling errors. ;)
Attachments
spelling.diff
(982 Bytes) Downloaded 570 times
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

Thanks. Some other are pushed thanks to aspell ;)
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

As the bug you posted about in the wml workshop hasn't been pushed to your public git repo, here's the (trivial) patch. ;)
Attachments
0001-Fix-recuruit-typo-that-caused-2-sides-not-to-rec.patch
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

AI wrote:As the bug you posted about in the wml workshop hasn't been pushed to your public git repo, here's the (trivial) patch. ;)
Ops. I've commited but I've forgot to push. Thanks for patch but I fixed it some time ago (unfortunatly only in local repo).
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Another bug. :P
Attachments
0002-Removed-stray.patch
(654 Bytes) Downloaded 600 times
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

Are you sure that tis is present in the latest version in git?
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

According to my git, commit fc8c17bb9b58416cddef2c78117bf6f36d4b4785 added it:

Code: Select all

@@ -465,6 +473,10 @@
         side=1
         fire_event=yes
       [/kill]
+      [kill]
+        canrecruit=no
+      [/kill]
+      [
       [set_variable]
         name=gold_bonus
         value=$turn_number
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

You were right. It was only fixed in my index.
Some changes are pushed into server. Please note that the saves are not suppose to work (changed storyline)...
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

Current status at git:
- Scenario 1: Playable (I hope). Not balanced. However the tactic is too easy so I'm planning a bonus for defending the fron line. The difficulty levels have to be changes as the gold do not change the hardness (I have to allow recruit L2 units)
- Scenario 3: Playable (I hope). Not balanced. The 3 paths have to be more balanced so the choice is more harder and/or make the main one virtually impassable.
- Scenario 4: Playable (I hope). Not balanced.
- Scenario 5: Talking only
- Scenario 6a: Playable? Not balanced
- Scenario 6b: Not started
- Scenario 6c: Not started
- Scenario 7: Not started
- Scenario 8: Not started. Talking only?

Please update - the old savefiles however are not suppose to work.

Any suggestion concerning scenarios 1-5?
Attachments
THoB.tar.bz2
The current git version of THoB.
(8.75 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

I haven't much time but it is still developing.
Current git status:
- Scenario 4: Playable (I hope). Not balanced.
- Scenario 5: Talking only
- Scenario 6a: Playable (I hope). Very un-balanced I'm afraid
- Scenario 6b: Under construction
- Scenario 6c: Not started
- Scenario 7: Not started
- Scenario 8: Not started. Talking only?
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

hey, I just wanted to say that I hope you finish this campaign; it's very fun to play, although the english could use some work :-). But keep hacking at it; I look forward to seeing where Burin comes from!

--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

Thanks - now I know that somebody used and enjoyed my work (Which I didn't entirely believe).
First I code - then I work hard on story (well - story as in description not as the story of Burin).
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

yeah; I'm surprised more people haven't commented! And if you need any help with the English later on, let me know. Hold strong,

--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

opensourcejunkie wrote:yeah; I'm surprised more people haven't commented! And if you need any help with the English later on, let me know. Hold strong,

--OSJ
Well. I guess that if I spend some time with it all I will need help is Scottish. I'm currently not entirely interesting in writing (coding is much more interesting ;)) so I fill out story fast to finish it later. Of course all patches/suggestions are welcome.