Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: Standing and idle animations?

Post by Sapient »

woodmouse wrote:I gave the idle a try. Is it good? Or bad?
I edit it soon. So it won't just stand there so much.

EDIT:
Now he breathes. (Way too fast, I know (or maybe not?). But maybe he's exhausted? :lol: )
[disco_music]
Stayin alive, stayin alive. Ah, ah ah ah. Stayin alive.
:lol2:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

For the Goblin Pillager:
Looking like disco, again! :lol:
Check out my sprites!
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

woodmouse wrote:For the Goblin Pillager:
Looking like disco, again! :lol:
Maybe if the net moved as well. Also the torch looks a bit wierd more like he is doing a magic act with it imo.
Query

Post by Query »

EELuminatus wrote:Ok, here's a small redo for a possible standing animation. I don't entirely like the base frame, because he's in a too upright position and the whole animation does not look quite believable when he has to return into this position... may I edit the base frame, as well?
How about he beckons a little with his sword, as if to provoke his enemies?
EELuminatus
Art Contributor

Post by EELuminatus »

Query wrote:How about he beckons a little with his sword, as if to provoke his enemies?
:hmm: - nice ideas, but are provocations and posing really fitting for a stealthy assassin?
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

I find provoking fitting. He's an orc after all, maybe he likes to fight. I was planning to make an idle animations for the orcish assassin as well, by the way. One in which he'd walk with his hands, and one in which he'd bump on the ground when trying to do something flashy.
For the dark gods!
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Ah i was inspired to make one ^^

Here is the rouge. He is supposed to be bending down and picking up something shiney, like a ring. The he subtlety puts it in his pocket. Its quite heavily frankenstiened, based off of his death animation, and needs cleaning
Attachments
Rouge-idle.gif
Rouge-idle.gif (9.47 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Rouge-idle.zip
(25.58 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
EELuminatus
Art Contributor

Post by EELuminatus »

Girgistian wrote:I was planning to make an idle animations for the orcish assassin as well, by the way. One in which he'd walk with his hands, and one in which he'd bump on the ground when trying to do something flashy.
:lol2: - I'd love to see this!
Anyway, since it has been said that idle animation shouldn't draw too much attention (I guess those little stunts would be quite impressive), here's just another minor movement, based on the standing animation... perhaps the things you proposed would be even better for the slayer?

The rouges idle animation is cool - very fitting for sse nassty hobbitses :P - only the animation of his hand and turn of his head are perhaps not quite as fluent as they should be...
Attachments
... ever wondered if you could scratch your head with those deadly blades in your hand?
... ever wondered if you could scratch your head with those deadly blades in your hand?
assassin_idle_animation.gif (13.23 KiB) Viewed 4626 times
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

um... scratching you head with daggers coated in poison seems like a very bad idea (those are his throwing blades). I'm not sure if that was the intended point or not...
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Query

Post by Query »

Quietus wrote:Ah i was inspired to make one ^^

Here is the rouge. He is supposed to be bending down and picking up something shiney, like a ring. The he subtlety puts it in his pocket. Its quite heavily frankenstiened, based off of his death animation, and needs cleaning
I like the concept, but I think he should look around shiftily a few times before putting it into his pocket, just for added effect.
Sapient wrote:um... scratching you head with daggers coated in poison seems like a very bad idea (those are his throwing blades). I'm not sure if that was the intended point or not...
He's an orc, which means he's not reputed for his intelligence. It could be part of the joke. :P
Mica

Post by Mica »

Combining it with a fake die animation would add to the funny I think.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
EELuminatus
Art Contributor

Post by EELuminatus »

Sapient wrote:um... scratching you head with daggers coated in poison seems like a very bad idea (those are his throwing blades). I'm not sure if that was the intended point or not...
Yes, it was - if the intention is not obvious enough the animation might be extended (fake death, as proposed, or after scratching his head he could be shocked from realizing that those were his poisoned knives and make sure he didn't hurt his skin...)
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

EELuminatus wrote:
Yes, it was - if the intention is not obvious enough the animation might be extended (fake death, as proposed, or after scratching his head he could be shocked from realizing that those were his poisoned knives and make sure he didn't hurt his skin...)
Logic need not apply. EELuminatus - could you post a zip file of the pngs for that?
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
EELuminatus
Art Contributor

Post by EELuminatus »

sure... I also tried to smoothen the standing animation a bit.

EDIT: Aww, I just read on the other forum that you want hard edged shadows, again - sorry, haven't been here for too long. Will be fixed, later.
Attachments
assassin_standing.zip
(13.33 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
assassin_standing2.gif
assassin_standing2.gif (6.33 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
assassin_idle.zip
(23.95 KiB) Downloaded 188 times