The Conquest of a Dark Queen

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mica

Re: The Conquest of a Dark Queen

Post by Mica »

Stable, for now developmental branch has too many huge changes going on. :P
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Mica

Post by Mica »

OKAY. Here's my new plan...

Completely redo scenario 10...

Add in TONS of new races

Change dialogue around

Races I plan on adding in:

From Era of Magic:
Ancient Dwarves
Barbarians
Priests
Enlightened Ones
Warlocks

From Era of Strife:
Saurians
Minotaurs

From Extended Era:
Kalifa
Outlaws

From Other:
Free Goblins

Now, who's your ally and who's your enemy I won't tell. Not yet. :D

There's so many races that I will make it a separate add-on. So that it will be easier and not make my campaign 3 MB bigger... So yeah.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Does anyone support this? Has anyone played?

I'm starting to think this is a lost cause. Though that doesn't mean I'll stop working on it... I really enjoy working on this.

AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I'm a bit confused about the latest stuff you've done:
-The campaign fit perfectly into the first dark age of wesnoth, but adding in all those factions excludes it from canon as they don't show up in wesnoth during those times. (if at all)
-Looking at the structure of the campaign and 'extras', the campaign will fail to run without the extras, making having them as a separate download quite useless. (the one campaign that did something similar did so for tens of megabytes of music, which isn't required for proper opreation)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

You are mad. :evil: So many new factions... what for? What's the gameplay or storytelling gain?
Last edited by Iris on September 16th, 2008, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replaced 8) with :evil:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Where did you get so much artwork btw? Things like those in /branches/1.4/TCoaDQ_Extras/images/units/ad-machines, I have never seen them before.

[crankyadmin] remember we have a policy [/crankyadmin]

EDIT: umm... as svn update continues, I see more and more suspicious stuff. Where did you get it?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Mica wrote:Does anyone support this? Has anyone played?

I'm starting to think this is a lost cause. Though that doesn't mean I'll stop working on it... I really enjoy working on this.
Hi I played yoru campaign. It wasn't the best i thought ever but then neither will mine be in its first versions everyone has to start somewhere. However, i was kept interested until when she gets knocked unconsious for half a year ( bit mad that) and is fighting with them. After this bit i lost it. I would consider re writing a bti of the story there. Also is the mission where you give the hint i don't think you should. I'm not a big fan of big bold things saying hints as in real life that wouldn't happen. Maybe put something in the dialogue without saying you hint directly?
Mica

Post by Mica »

Where did you get so much artwork btw? Things like those in /branches/1.4/TCoaDQ_Extras/images/units/ad-machines, I have never seen them before.

[crankyadmin] remember we have a policy [/crankyadmin]

EDIT: umm... as svn update continues, I see more and more suspicious stuff. Where did you get it?
Other eras?

Hi I played yoru campaign. It wasn't the best i thought ever but then neither will mine be in its first versions everyone has to start somewhere. However, i was kept interested until when she gets knocked unconsious for half a year ( bit mad that) and is fighting with them. After this bit i lost it. I would consider re writing a bti of the story there. Also is the mission where you give the hint i don't think you should. I'm not a big fan of big bold things saying hints as in real life that wouldn't happen. Maybe put something in the dialogue without saying you hint directly?
The hints are things I don't like either, and same with being gone for half a year. I do have a few ideas, but it'd take time, so you pick. Should I polish what I have now, or work on the rest of the campaign then polish it? Also, I will probably do dialogue hints instead of those in the objectives if I polish it, because I wanted nobody to be like, "wtf?" which is why the objective hints are there.

Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Well there is always the load button. :lol2:

If i were you i would polish up what you have already done. Otherwise it is going to become such a big job that you'll keep looking at it and keep putting it back. Also if you start is not good then people will lose attention and not play the rest of the campaign.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Alright, I'll polish it. Scenarios 1-3 have been polished already, I'm preparing a 2.5 version release... it should be up ... eventually. xD

Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Mica wrote:Other eras?
What eras? I mean in particular the mechanical stuff.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Era of Magic was those in particular.

Mica

Post by Mica »

Version 3 comes soon! One last thing to figure out, it shouldn't take more than an hour if I can get ahold of someone on IRC.. XD

[edit]

1.4.5 is causing a bug that 1.4.4 didn't have. So until I find out how to fix it or 1.4.6 comes out, version .3 is stalled.

Orcish Shyde

Post by Orcish Shyde »

1. Is this still being maintained?

2. Is the titular Dark Queen meant to be Asheviere?

3. Why, at the start of level 4, does Alanya transform into an Elvish Archer, after all the trouble I went to to level her up to an Outlaw?

4. Scenario 4 says 'No objectives available' when it's meant to be giving me some; not knowing where to begin isn't such a fun state. Is this a bug?

Gameplay feedback: Playing on Normal, scenario 2 was soul-grindingly hard for me; playing on Easy, it was, well, easy, and scenario 3 even more so. Is it meant to be like that?
Shameless Crossover Excuse
Necromancer (campaign)

You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it.
Mica

Post by Mica »

All scenarios were redone. I'm just stuck with a bug, thinking about publishing anyways [it would require to play on any 1.4.x besides 1.4.5, for some reason 1.4.5 breaks my campaign because of custom terrains added in].

The queen is not meant to be Asheviere, it is meant to be a new queen in the dark era with no history at all really.