Campaign: Tale of a Mage

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkeleRanger

Campaign: Tale of a Mage

Post by SkeleRanger »

So, due to recent events I guess I'll just have to make a new topic and we'll just pick up where we left off. I've been busy for the past few weeks so I wasn't able to work on my campaign. I also failed to read any new posts and as the forums crashed I obviously can't read them now. :(

I've made most of the changes people requested but I might have missed a few. If so please tell me. I didn't make the new scenario I wanted but I'm uploading it anyway [version 0.2.8]. Thanks everybody! :)
Last edited by SkeleRanger on November 15th, 2008, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
'We've strayed into a zone with a high magical index... Don't ask me how. Once upon a time a really powerful magic field must have been generated here, and we're feeling the after-effects.'
'Precisely,' said a passing bush.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
Mica

Re: Campaign: The Life of a Mage

Post by Mica »

Spoiler warning...

Okay, so, where it leaves off now is trouble with the necromancer who allies himself with all the natural bad guys (outlaws, other necromancers, orcs, etc) and then tries to control Dillon (right?) or at least kill him by using the evil spirit of his brother to lure him and such, but his brother ends up resurrecting himself and killing the other necromancer and _trying_ to kill Dillon, and then Dillon tries to rush back, yes?

I'm just trying to remember because it's been a little while since I played this campaign.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

I have added more to it since then.

Spoiler:

Dillon and the prince escape from the necromancers lair and travel back to Weldyn where they find the lich has already attacked. They meet up with the escaped royal family and Dillon explains what it going on. The scenario I'm working on now is when they take refuge with the elves.
'We've strayed into a zone with a high magical index... Don't ask me how. Once upon a time a really powerful magic field must have been generated here, and we're feeling the after-effects.'
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
Max

Post by Max »

here's what you may have missed (google cache)

Campaign: The Life of a Mage - Page 2/3

Campaign: The Life of a Mage - Page 3/3

page 1 seems to be lost...
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

Max2008 wrote:here's what you may have missed (google cache)

Campaign: The Life of a Mage - Page 2/3

Campaign: The Life of a Mage - Page 3/3

page 1 seems to be lost...
Thanks! That tells me all I need to know.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

I'm directing this at people from both this thread and the last one. Since you've helped me so much how do you feel about me putting you in the credits for my campaign. Under testing or something. Zookeeper helped me with WML so I could put him/her in too.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
mayhem_sci

Post by mayhem_sci »

I like this campaign, esp playing mostly mages. hope you get it finished.
Mica

Post by Mica »

I'm going to give this campaign a play again soon, and about the credits thing, if you want to include me you can. Use this IF YOU WANT TO:

Code: Select all

[entry]
    name = "Michael Arsenault (Mica)"
    comment = Testing and support.
    email = "michael_arsenault1225@yahoo.com"
    wikiuser = "Mica"
[/entry]
Alright. See ya.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Testdummy653

Post by Testdummy653 »

This is really good and i just love the story line....
what happen to the two mages that when down into the castle? dead or will they mysterious appear somewhere?
Mica

Post by Mica »

If you keep playing the campaign, you'll see. :)

I don't want to give anything away.

SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

Thanks for your support, Mica.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

SkeleRanger wrote:I'm directing this at people from both this thread and the last one. Since you've helped me so much how do you feel about me putting you in the credits for my campaign. Under testing or something. Zookeeper helped me with WML so I could put him/her in too.
Well, if you want to...

Code: Select all

[entry]
    name = "A Guy"
    comment = Testing and support
    email = "greatgameguy@yahoo.com"
[/entry]
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Also, shouldn't the royal family recruit a few shock troopers? I believe you can put a limit on them so they don't dominate the undead.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
SkeleRanger

Post by SkeleRanger »

A Guy wrote:Also, shouldn't the royal family recruit a few shock troopers? I believe you can put a limit on them so they don't dominate the undead.
I'll add that.
--Terry Pratchett
Tale of a Mage(finished)
Art for Tale of a Mage
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

scenario: "A daring rescue":
the AI friends tend to sacrifice their hero units...
Lord Gilder has no keep and approaches rather alone the enemy in the northwest, got killed within 2 turns
the second time, Li'sar moved alone into the castle of the southern enemy, she got caught and kiled...
both times i couldn't do anything against that
is it the task of the scenario to prevent this ?^^ anyway, the ai usually doesn't care for its units...the leaders only survive because they tend to stay in the starting castles
maybe Gilder should be given an own castle or his starting position should be changed, thus he moves to one of the allied castles, and Li'sar should be removed or be controlled by the human player...
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign