Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Re: Abandoned campaigns you can take over and work on

Post by turin »

xer wrote:Descent into Darkness? :wink:
:annoyed:

No.

---

Thoragnor: You're thinking of "the Dark Hordes", I believe.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The dark hordes starts off pretty dark already, but here it is: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth/bran ... campaigns/

Someone has revived it by running it through wmllint and throwing it on the add-on server, but there's some serious bugs (like a starting location that's on the border)
Thoragnor

Post by Thoragnor »

AI wrote:The dark hordes starts off pretty dark already, but here it is: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth/bran ... campaigns/

Someone has revived it by running it through wmllint and throwing it on the add-on server, but there's some serious bugs (like a starting location that's on the border)
Hmmm. . . I can't say any of these names ring a bell. . . when I get home from school i'll take a look at the dark hordes. . . grrrr i wish my lil' bro hadn't made all my files corrupt :augh:
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

IIRC The Dark Hordes was the first user made campaign at all. You know, back in the old days Wesnoth was a game around httt and other campaigns as well as multiplayer came later...
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
joseluis

Post by joseluis »

Is anybody now working in "Invasion of elidor"? I liked that campaign a lot. I think it could be easily improved to a more role-game style campaign through the contributions of many people: Using the WML code of the boat trip, it could be possible to add many more scenarios, each one contributed by a different person, so to make a world map for wesnoth, full of adventures, with a main story line, but many other sub lines, in the style of Ultima VII. Any volunteers?
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Eliador got an update very recently.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
lord_midnight

Post by lord_midnight »

hi, what was this "3 tasks of an Undead Man" ?

this sounds just like the kind of thing I'd be into. It is abandoned right ? So I can develop it ? Seems even the original creator is not wanting to continue it, nor anyone else. Is there any content to it at all, or would I be starting completely from scratch ? Already I have some ideas for a short, um 3-5 maps or so, story involving a man, and some tasks he must do.

I would need some help on the code, but I can do the writing and mapping myself, really, this sounds like a lot of fun. So if no one else wants it, can I have this one ?
lord_midnight

Post by lord_midnight »

^^ um I searched all over and found nothing on it other than it was abandoned, I waited a bit, really, can I have this campaign, and is there any source material to work with, or am I starting from scratch ? I am going to check back, but if it goes another day or two, Im going to make a thread and get started... sounds like just the thing to apply my creative talents to.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

The files of "3 tests of an undead man"

Post by Mythological »

lord_midnight wrote:^^ um I searched all over and found nothing on it other than it was abandoned, I waited a bit, really, can I have this campaign, and is there any source material to work with, or am I starting from scratch ? I am going to check back, but if it goes another day or two, Im going to make a thread and get started... sounds like just the thing to apply my creative talents to.
Here are the files of the last known version of "3 tests of an undead man". Note that the campaign has been made for BfW 1.0 ( that was in year 2005 ) and it has not been updated ever since, and almost every aspect of it will have to be updated to work on 1.4/1.5 so it could be more of a trouble than it is worth it and you might be better off starting something new. However, if you are determined to work this campaign, good luck with it; and if you get stuck with something or in need of help - feel free to start a topic in WML workshop part of this forums or ask on #wesnoth IRC channel.
Attachments
3_Tests.zip
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
lord_midnight

Post by lord_midnight »

thank you, I have looked over those files, I think I'm going with a bit different direction, though this has certainly given me inspiration. At least in title anyway... in fact tis is very much opposite what I was thinking in terms of plot... hmm, I think I can do something with this though. At least it will be three tests for an undead man...

:)
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

Who will give me the"invasion of ARENDIA"?Ihave only the old,and UNFINISHED Version!!! :( :annoyed: :!:
greenman

Post by greenman »

Phoenix Kingdom is abandoned. It sits on the server, and is in quite bad shape re. spelling etc. I've posted in that forum, but it seems completely abandoned, so Id like to have access to make improvements and corrections.
WarriorPrince

Post by WarriorPrince »

Hello,

I haven't been on Wesnoth for ages but am back and raring to go.

I note that this forum hasn't been super-busy recently, so i'm not sure if the info is up-to-date.

I'd like a campaign to have an experiment with and because i trust the guidance that a first-time developer should start with something rather than nothing.

By preference, i'd like a "classic" Wesnoth campaign, with humans, elves and orcs but i can be swayed.

I'd prefer a small-ish one with not too much direction or pre-determined framework.

If there's something out there, can you let me know, please?
cheers.
WP
Mica

Post by Mica »

I'm not sure, but I do want to let you know we just recovered from a server crash not long ago, and lost nearly everything (I believe) that was posted on the forums, including accounts that were made, etc, after May 2008. So a _lot_ has been lost, because people have had a lot of projects starting up after May 2008 (and they are going great too!).

If there isn't any campaigns you can already work on, I could create a quick storyline for about 8 scenarios, which would just use basic things in each scenario. PM me if you want it, I really don't mind.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Re:

Post by fabi »

KRCM wrote:And a very old one : Elf War

Probably still on 1.x server.

I someone wants to maintain it. I still have the code here to.

I just maintained it for a while.
Is there anyone working on this?
Can I have the latest version please?

Greetings,
Fabi