a small request to era-makers

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

megane
Art Contributor

Re: a small request to era-makers

Post by megane »

It checks if you have TRAIT_ATTUNED, then adds the factions itself. This would work fine through ID changes, so long as you don't change the name of the EoM folder.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

We could try to test this when I release the next version of Era of Myths, but I'd like some feedback from the EE maintainer before I do.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Devling Fan

Post by Devling Fan »

I think this idea is excellent if it doesn't end up causing problems with era combinations.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Now the only other issue is if it kills its utility by being in a combined era (since the combined ID cannot really be updated).
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Aethaeryn wrote:Now the only other issue is if it kills its utility by being in a combined era (since the combined ID cannot really be updated).
Sure, that makes it so the keeping-in-sync thing doesn't work for combined eras, but is there any way it's worse than not having it? It seems like you're complaining about a lack of a feature rather than about a bug.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Aethaeryn wrote:Now the only other issue is if it kills its utility by being in a combined era (since the combined ID cannot really be updated).
It might work most likely. The EE has a deteckt.cfg file, and this file could contain a macro including the ID. If it also contains another macro including the Version even the combined Era could stay sync.*
*I think you can use macros inside the ID,

Code: Select all

id=ee_eom_default_v{GET_EE_VERSION}_delta3
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
tsr

Post by tsr »

Hm, I would like to expand my original request that seems to have found some good use: only do it if the versions are incompatible :) (I assume that from time to time you make an art-only update, those should not cause OOS and so don't need a new id).

/tsr - that just popped into the MP server for 10 mins and doesn't really want to download EE again if it's not strictly necessary
hagabaka

Post by hagabaka »

Would this still allow campaigns_client.py to automatically update installed addons?
My favorite addon campaigns (made by others): Swamplings | Galuldur's First Journey | To Lands Unknown | The Devil's Flute