Dwarf Alchemist

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
AlaskA

Dwarf Alchemist

Post by AlaskA »

Hello. Some of my works for private campaign for me. I have very bad English, so... just left ur comment's plz.

1. Dwarf Alchemist (main unit - Dwarvish Dragon Guard).
(Rogue/Mage)
Head - Blinker (It's so hard to work with acid)
Weapon - Acid Potion and secret weapon under the coat %_%

10 min's fun with franken pack, some addon's and Ragnarok online art's .

AVATAR OF SOLAR GOD YEAH =] Hero with Bloody Axe, Angelic Shield and Solar God Helm)

Terminator. Cyborg-Dwarf. Sounds COOL. With really big weapon ofc.

But only the first of my work need to be commented, other no more than fun. Thnx a lot =]
Attachments
Dwarf Alchemist.png
Dwarf Alchemist.png (33.04 KiB) Viewed 4186 times
Terminator.png
Terminator.png (36.7 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
AVATAROFSOLAR.png (39.63 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dwarf Alchemist

Post by Sangel »

Heh. The terminator is very out of place for Wesnoth, but is an amusing piece of art that might make a good forum avatar. But you wanted comments on the alchemist so here are some -

To start with, this is a well-executed "frankenstein". While the cloak is obviously borrowed from the Dragonguard, the substantial changes to the rest of the unit make it sufficiently different to pass muster. I'm not sure how well the pointy hood works on a dwarf - perhaps it would look better if it were more rounded. The other area which I think might need improvement is the goggles; currently they're too square and too close to the face. If you bring them "forward" (ie 1 pixel to the right), and perhaps indicate the shape of the nose in the middle, I think it'll be clearer what they are.

Apparent from that, welcome to the Wesnoth forums. It's always good to have promising new artists about - best of luck with your campaign!
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
AlaskA

Post by AlaskA »

Ohh... thank you a lot for ur great advice with alchemist head. I work a bit and look at my result. Additionally, i want to present another 2 unit's. left ur comment's please.

1. Reworked Loremaster.
2. Reworked Alchemist.
3. Dwarvish Agent.
Attachments
Ruygoth_Agent.png
Ruygoth_Agent.png (33.47 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
Ruygoth_Alchemist2.png
Ruygoth_Alchemist2.png (32.75 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
Great_Scientist.png
Great_Scientist.png (33.21 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Sangel wrote:Heh. The terminator is very out of place for Wesnoth, but is an amusing piece of art that might make a good forum avatar.
It's out of place for mainline Wesnoth, but not necessarily for a UMC. IIRC (the era no longer seems to be on units.wesnoth.org :() there's a bomb-tossing gyrocopter dwarf in the Extended Era.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

irrevenant wrote:IIRC (the era no longer seems to be on units.wesnoth.org :() there's a bomb-tossing gyrocopter dwarf in the Extended Era.
Image As UMC I wouldn't have searched in the "1.4" branch, but there it is (EE).
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

irrevenant wrote:
Sangel wrote:Heh. The terminator is very out of place for Wesnoth, but is an amusing piece of art that might make a good forum avatar.
It's out of place for mainline Wesnoth, but not necessarily for a UMC. IIRC (the era no longer seems to be on units.wesnoth.org :() there's a bomb-tossing gyrocopter dwarf in the Extended Era.
Yes, it could actually fit the [w]Thunderstone[/w] dwarves quite well.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Jodwin

Post by Jodwin »

AlaskA wrote:10 min's fun with franken pack, some addon's and Ragnarok online art's.
I hate to be a party pooper, but before you get too far with using art from commercial sources I'll mention that it's technically illegal. :(
Yes I use windows, too.
Yes I too am aware of what that means.
Yes I'm still gonna use windows too.