The Windsong

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scatha

Re: The Windsong

Post by Scatha »

I just wanted to post to say that I'm very impressed with the Windsong. I like the concept, I love the artwork, and I think they're very enjoyable to play. You've done a fantastic job of giving them a very different feel from standard factions, without introducing too many new mechanics to do so.

I think my absolute favourite idea is the tactical interest opened up by the sky shards.

Do you know whether anyone is making / planning to make a campaign for the Windsong?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It is my plan after I finish my vampire campain to make either a windsong or a celestial campain.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

:twisted:
Attachments
arbiter.png
arbiter.png (3.63 KiB) Viewed 6155 times
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

megane wrote::twisted:
Its awesome, tought I whonder if the above "head garment" should be on that angles to our eyes, or it would follow the head movement (aka to always look that way for units facing it in battle) [obviously that's more work, but I think it would work more coherently if the unit was real]

Anyway, another of these cool graphics I like to see, you are one of the best with garments. :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
cretin

Post by cretin »

haha ive been waiting for this unit!!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

That is cool, I can't wait to see the librarian. Though I realy don't understand what the flying ribbons are about.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Velensk: :mrgreen: You're not the only one. They've kind of... gotten out of hand, considering they started off with the Scribe's only-slightly-gigantic hairpins. Ah well, they're nothing if not distinctive.

Vendanna: Hmm. Maybe; I'll try messing around with it, it's really hard to get those frickin' things to look good.
Vendanna wrote:you are one of the best with garments
I find this hilariously ironic, considering how sucky they seem to me. :D

Anyhoo, seeing this new Arbiter next to her sister the Runeforger made me notice how lazy I was with the latter, so I tried giving her a new dress, taking the opportunity to clean up the silver edging (which had been bugging me for a while). I also went back and fixed the tree on the first page, so it should be up to date now.

Edit: fixed the TC so it doesn't look bad in blue. Seriously, that was the problem -.-
Attachments
runeforger.png
runeforger.png (3.46 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
hee hee! - little girl
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

megane wrote:I find this hilariously ironic, considering how sucky they seem to me.
Hey, you're better than me. No really, your costuming isn't that bad at all.
megane wrote:...Image
Pretty nice, but it's weird how the silver drawings on the dress are rectangular, although they're on a curved fabric.
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Something has been bothering me with the art of the Seeker (and also her "Pathfinder" advancement) for quite some time, and I haven't been able to figure out exactly what it is. Don't get me wrong, I seriously love your art and I think it's fantastic, it's just this one thing. Anyways, it's probably something about their groin area.. it kind of looks like they are wearing a diaper?
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Valenwood wrote:Something has been bothering me with the art of the Seeker (and also her "Pathfinder" advancement) for quite some time, and I haven't been able to figure out exactly what it is. Don't get me wrong, I seriously love your art and I think it's fantastic, it's just this one thing. Anyways, it's probably something about their groin area.. it kind of looks like they are wearing a diaper?
It's a skirt AFAIK. i guess that just means he should tweak the shading on it or something.
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Neoskel wrote:
Valenwood wrote:Something has been bothering me with the art of the Seeker (and also her "Pathfinder" advancement) for quite some time, and I haven't been able to figure out exactly what it is. Don't get me wrong, I seriously love your art and I think it's fantastic, it's just this one thing. Anyways, it's probably something about their groin area.. it kind of looks like they are wearing a diaper?
It's a skirt AFAIK. i guess that just means he should tweak the shading on it or something.
Yes, apparently a skirt of sorts.

Megane, what about making the skirt longer, while still having her legs free and visible? It would look cool.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

I tried redoing the shading on the Seeker's skirt. I suppose I could try making it longer, but there isn't much room as it is.

Also gave the Weaver a hand instead of a blob, in preparation for animating her.
Attachments
weaver.png
weaver.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 5937 times
seeker.png
seeker.png (2.69 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
hee hee! - little girl
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

The new shading looks good, but you still seem to have plenty of room between her legs, to lengthen her skirt? The kind of skirt that could look really good on her, would be one of those that do not cover the thighs and legs, but simply fall down in the front and in the back. Uff, I'm not very good at explaining this, hehe. Anyways, this is just my opinion of course.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Something like this maybe? :)

:? ...sorry, I'm not feeling it; she looks kinda South-American-guerrilla-girl now. xD
Attachments
seeker-skirt.png
seeker-skirt.png (2.75 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I actualy like the look, but I agree that it goes against the theme. I've put the seeker (without the cloth hanging down) in, but I'm going to wait until you actualy animmate it to put the new weaver in.