Art (if you can call it that) for the Griffoon Lads campaign

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
gotrek860

Art (if you can call it that) for the Griffoon Lads campaign

Post by gotrek860 »

I found in the wiki library some franken packs for humans and elves, is there one for orcs that I didn't see?
Last edited by gotrek860 on February 14th, 2008, 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
ael193

Post by ael193 »

Yes there are, I made all of those exept for the Elf one.
Attachments
Dismembered Orcs
Dismembered Orcs
orcish-horde-frankenpack.png (21.55 KiB) Viewed 4590 times
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Super thanks a lot.
These are really useful!
I found the others in different folders. Can I include them all together in the wesnoth journal gallery? I'll include your name as author.
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I was reluctant to open this thread, but since it's taking to much of my main campaign development thread, I've had to move it here to answer specific questions.
First of all my unit tree
Attachments
unitreeGL.png
unitreeGL.png (28.21 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok now for questions.
Yes these are all frankensteins from mainline or imperial era sprites ( hey I can't draw remember...) copy/paste is useful.

The cutthroats: basically orc that got refused as grunts, so they are the same type of units but with a bit less strength and backstab as they level up. the fearless is an orc who got used to humans he has a mace , in case he meets a few undead...

The mariner as all the move advantages of saurians but the streength orf an orcish bowman. He gets armour as a flibustier and leadership as a Boss. His leadership is only to level 1 or less since I couldn't really see a half goblin commanding level 2 Orcs.

The barmaid are healers, they are more useful then yo ucould guess for a campaign that has around 60+ houses in each map. only a hand to hand attack, which makes them very vulnerable to archers.

Fisher goblins, well goblins who go fishing... based on the minuti from imperial era. slowing net is a useful thing.

The slumbloke and friends
a footpad crossed with a warrior. He has good sword attack and a weak sling. His armour improves as he grows. The white beard seems to worry people, because he ages so fast... might turn it to a black or brown beard...though having a veteran would be nice.
The trick is their ambush ability in cities (paved roads and fortifications) from level2
Last edited by gotrek860 on February 14th, 2008, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
db0

Post by db0 »

gotrek860 wrote:Ok now for questions.
Errr, what are the questions? :)
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

They are implicit...it's like Jeopardy, I give the answers, you guess the questions.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Why does your .png file have .jpg visual artefacts?
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Why does your .png file have .jpg visual artefacts?
I'm sorry I did not understand the question....
I made my unit tree by copy pasting .png sprites into MS Paint so I could write their names under them if that is what your asking.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

he means the stray pixels of off colours. those usually are the result of jpeg's lossy compression.

if mspaint causes that in pngs, it's worse than I thought (try the GIMP if you aren't using it already)
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I am using it already, I just stuck these on Ms Paint for the unit tree.
db0

Post by db0 »

gotrek860 wrote:I am using it already, I just stuck these on Ms Paint for the unit tree.
Why didn't you do that in the GIMP. Btw, the png handling of MS Paing is horrible
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Because when I did it I didn't figure out how to write in it....so i went the easy way... :oops:
The Gimp takes time to get used to, but the pasting part is really easy to use, which I really like.
db0

Post by db0 »

gotrek860 wrote:Because when I did it I didn't figure out how to write in it....so i went the easy way... :oops:
I guess you missed the big ass A in the tools :P
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

As a matter of fact I did. It took me two days to find where the colours were....and I still can't get that right.
Paint.Net had a more user friendly approach to that...