Wesnoth 1.3.15

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Wesnoth 1.3.15

Post by ivanovic »

Wesnoth 1.3.15 is out!

Here it is, Wesnoth 1.3.15. It is the 2nd beta release for the upcoming 1.4 stable series. This time some coders were really busy, more than 50 reported bugs were tackled (and hopefully fixed for good). Since we are now in a stringfreeze many translations became almost hyperactive resulting in huge translation updates. There should be nothing really special about this release, it should just work better than 1.3.14...

What else was changed? Some updated graphics, translations and probably a lot more that I am too lazy to mention now. For a more complete list (not 100% complete, some devs tend to forget adding entries) have a look at the changelog. A changelog with the changes that might be visible to most users (and only includes these) is the players_changelog.

Downloads
Sources:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... 2?download (114.6 MB) md5sum
Here is the xDelta for the sources:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... a?download (1.3.14 to 1.3.15, 3.3 MB)
Check http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for info on using xdelta.

The Windows binary is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.

The MacOSX binary is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.

The OpenSolaris binary is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.

Looks like there are almost no binaries ready, but all the known packagers have been contacted. Gentoo does already include the binary in their tree, but it is hardmasked. The Debian packager is currently working on cooking the binary. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them work you get on the Linux binaries site for the Linux binaries. Download links for the other supported systems will be listed at the downloads page once the binaries are available.

As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ - you should first try to get files through SourceForge to help us save bandwidth.

Soon we will shutdown the 1.3.14 multiplayer server because we want to focus on getting 1.3.15 tested. 1.3.14 and 1.3.15 are not compatible due to an important bugfix. The server for 1.3.15 is already up and running. So consider doing an update as soon as possible. We want to wait with shutting down the old server until the MacOSX and the Windows binary are ready but once they are out we will shut down the old server.

By now the add-on server already offers some content that should be completely compatible with 1.3.15 (and the upcoming 1.4). If you encounter any problems with content not being working as expected, please notice the contents author, most of them should be here in the forums.

If you find any bugs don't hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to post bugs first. Instructions for bug reporting can be found at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReportingBugs.

Enjoy!

PS:
Within the next seven days anyone asking when the binary for xyz will be ready will be banned and the post will be deleted. Such questions just disturb the developers and packagers and don't do any good, so better not ask them...
And bugreports in the forums tend to be forgotten. So better follow the guidelines and report them in the bugtracker.
Last edited by ivanovic on February 12th, 2008, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
db0

Post by db0 »

When will the binary for...er...I mean: Sweet! :D
BMintern

Post by BMintern »

Edit: Apparently I went to way too much trouble. See http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 819#277871

I installed this on Gentoo. All it takes is:

Code: Select all

# mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/games-strategy/wesnoth
# cd /usr/local/portage/games-strategy/wesnoth
# cp /usr/portage/games-strategy/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.3.14.ebuild wesnoth-1.3.15.ebuild
# ebuild wesnoth-1.3.15.ebuild digest
# emerge -av wesnoth
That assumes that you already have wesnoth unmasked, that you have a portage overlay set up in /usr/local/portage, and that you're not using the "dedicated" or "server" USE flags. Everything else should take care of itself :).

Unfortunately, I was the only one on the MP server :(
Last edited by BMintern on January 29th, 2008, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulissesroc

Post by ulissesroc »

I've done the binaries for Mac OS X, I don't know if someone is interested. They should be UB, as far as I know. I can upload them on the server of my University, but someone should soon make them available somewhere else
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

But I only downloaded 1.3.14 last night. Damn.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

Chris NS wrote:But I only downloaded 1.3.14 last night. Damn.
:P

Any easy way to upgrade from 1.3.14?

If not how do you unninstall 1.3.14?

Or can you just install 1.3.15 without uninstalling 1.3.14?

I use Ubuntu Gutsy, if I'm out of order please tell me, and delete this post if necessary.
Kess

Post by Kess »

xer wrote:Or can you just install 1.3.15 without uninstalling 1.3.14?

I use Ubuntu Gutsy, if I'm out of order please tell me, and delete this post if necessary.
If you compile from source yourself, it’s just a matter of adding the following (or something similar to your liking) to configure:

--with-preferences-dir=.wesnoth-1.3.15 --program-suffix=-1.3.15 --with-datadir-name=wesnoth-1.3.15 
And then you run it with wesnoth-1.3.15, see the wiki and/or the file INSTALL for more information.

(Maybe the --with-datadir-name option is overkill if all that was changed are Kitty’s Elven portraits addition.)
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

BMintern wrote:I installed this on Gentoo. All it takes is:

# mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/games-strategy/wesnoth
# cd /usr/local/portage/games-strategy/wesnoth
# cp /usr/portage/games-strategy/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.3.14.ebuild wesnoth-1.3.15.ebuild
# ebuild wesnoth-1.3.15.ebuild digest
# emerge -av wesnoth
That assumes that you already have wesnoth unmasked, that you have a portage overlay set up in /usr/local/portage, and that you're not using the "dedicated" or "server" USE flags. Everything else should take care of itself :).

Unfortunately, I was the only one on the MP server :(
Wrong, all you have to do is this:

emerge --sync
emerge -u wesnoth
That is for the case that you have already unmasked Wesnoth. The package was in the gentoo tree about 5h after I did create the tarball late on sunday evening. So there is absolutely no need to copy it around...
BMintern

Post by BMintern »

Ahh, I'm an idiot. I just assumed the package wouldn't be in the portage tree yet. I last sync'd late Saturday night. Also, is there any reason the package is hard-masked rather than keyword masked (e.g. ~amd64)?

Anyways, I edited my above post so that people wouldn't do it "the hard way".
ulissesroc

Post by ulissesroc »

Anyway, mac binaries temporarily available at
link removed
They should be UB, if not just tell me

Edit: first binaries at all, wauw :D

Could you please not hijack official threads with your unofficial builds?

Mist

:oops:
Sorry, I didn't know it was something to avoid.
I just did it since maybe someone cannot wait for the ufficial build, so he could have mine.
It wasn't meant to be in any way a replacement for the original.
Sorry again
:oops:
Last edited by ulissesroc on January 30th, 2008, 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MadOssor

Post by MadOssor »

opensuse builds are done
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

BMintern wrote: Also, is there any reason the package is hard-masked rather than keyword masked (e.g. ~amd64)?
the reason: wesnoth 1.3.X is 'beta ware' and stuff like that is added to package.mask.
BMintern

Post by BMintern »

energyman76c wrote:the reason: wesnoth 1.3.X is 'beta ware' and stuff like that is added to package.mask.
I think I might have a better suggestion for how this could be handled, but I fear that I've already hijacked this thread enough. Please see http://wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19689
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

windows binaries:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download

Edit: Hrmpff, copied the wrong link at first. Corrected now.
Last edited by Yogibear on February 1st, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

binaries

Post by Gallifax »

Thx as allways:)