Gauntlet Legends - 5p RPG [Version 1.0]

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Blueblaze

Gauntlet Legends - 5p RPG [Version 1.0]

Post by Blueblaze »

Hello everyone, I am pleased to announce my newest map, Gauntlet Legends. It is a lengthy 5 player RPG which is now available on the campaign server for 1.3.x. The game is big on adventure and action without the lengthy conversations. The RPG can be quite difficult so adjust the settings to your preference. With the release, I am also releasing a Default Level One Era which unlocks every level one unit. The era is playable without other people downloading it, so it is a very user friendly way to have a good RPG experience. The download is separate and is completely optional as other Level One Eras will work fine (like EE's) but since there was no default Level One Era, I've included the separate download for it as well. If you set Use Map Settings, then you'll come with these settings:

Recommended Settings:
100% Experience Modifier
100 gold per player
Fog and shroud on
Use any level one era

I hope you enjoy the product. Please feel free to post suggestions, comments, praise, and bugs that you may find during your gameplay. Thanks and have fun!
Relic

Post by Relic »

Been there; won it. Of course being a tester did help out a lot in the beginning.

A little suicidal through this one since I had a fair idea of the start but not the end.

Very good rpg.

Posting a replay of my game; I doubt I hit all the hidden stuff.

Obviously the attached replay for 1.3.13 is *spoily*, but it is there if you want to see it.

Keep up the good work.
Attachments
Gauntlet_Legends_replay.gz
(43.79 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

If you downloaded the Level One Era, please redownload it as there was a critical bug that was fixed (Thanks Relic). There is a slim chance the era would crash if you selected random, but this has been fixed.
Relic

Post by Relic »

Tried it with a single wose (regenrate) too.

Here's another fine replay.
Attachments
Gauntlet_Legends_replay.gz
Single Wose in RPG
(30.98 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Ohhh, a RPG! Very well, I'll immediately try it! :D
JW

Post by JW »

Well, I totally cheated and beat it easily with a serpent shifter and tons of extra gold. :P

I think this would be really hard with 5 people (splitting gold), not to mention extremely long!! :shock:
andrythecreator

Post by andrythecreator »

lol im so NOOB sometimes that i don't even know where to download it.
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

andrythecreator, Heh, it's for 1.3.x so if you're using 1.2.x you won't find it, and it's in the Addons :)

JW, it I played it once online with 5 other people to test it out, it took ~8-9 hours with 5 people, (had a few reloads and few disconnects though) and I wouldn't tell them where any secrets were, so they overplanned every step of the way.
Goats

Post by Goats »

I was playing this earlier, and I got to where the shops where. There were some dwarves, but they were standing on the shops and we couldn't use them, and the passage was blocked. How do we use the shops?
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

You need to right click your character when he is standing next to an NPC, then select Talk or Shop. To progress farther, you need to talk to the Dwarf Leader.
DeathDread

Post by DeathDread »

I tried to download this but I always get the error below:
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

I just downloaded it and tested it to be sure and I was able to download it and play it without errors. Here are a few things and check if you haven't already.

1) Go back to the Addon menu and select Remove Addons, and remove the map from your addon package. After it is removed, then go back and redownload the map. Restart Wesnoth completely just to be sure, and then try and load it.

2) Make sure you are using Wesnoth 1.3.13, if not, go ahead and download that otherwise you'll probably have problems running it.

3) Make sure you didn't try to edit the file, or other parts of Wesnoth without knowing sure what they do.

4) If that doesn't work, reply back and let me know what operating system you're using (Windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX, etc..)
DeathDread

Post by DeathDread »

still the same error

winxp
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

Okay well, go to your Program File (or whereever you installed Wesnoth to) Wesnoth -> userdata -> data -> campaigns -> Gauntlet file and the gauntlet.cfg file that is inside the campaigns folder, and send me the entire Gauntlet folder and what it contains. The forums only allow text files up to 50kbs and the scenario is larger than that, so you'll need to zip up the entire thing and attach it.
DeathDread

Post by DeathDread »

ok here
oops, meant "as seen from \campaigns\"
Attachments
Gauntlet.zip
as seen from ...campaignsgauntlet.cfg, and the gauntlet directory
(18.04 KiB) Downloaded 151 times