Wesnoth 1.3.12

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Wesnoth 1.3.12

Post by ivanovic »

Wesnoth 1.3.12 is out!

Hmmm, what should I write in here? It is obvious that 1.3.12 is out but what has changed? The most important change was the reason for 1.2.8, the fix of some security bugs. The first one was rather critical. This issue was filed as CVE-2007-5742 and potentially allowed files on the host's computer to be viewed by players or observers if the game was hosted using a malicious era or scenario.

Another problem could arise with the preference option "turn_cmd". Due to this problem the computer could either be stalled by a faulty add-on or *maybe* (we found no way to do so) some other application could be started. This option has now been removed since it probably wasn't used anyway.

As bonus some new music was added. So far no mainline content is using it, but I am sure this will change rather soon. In the meantime some usermade content could already make use of it.

And here is what "The Others" asked me to tell you (really not much this time):

Savegames now have a prefix indicating the campaign they are from if the campaign WML declared an abbrev= tag. All mainline campaigns have this tag. This is meant to allow to see the campaigns the saves and replays do belong to more easily.

What else was changed? Some updated graphics, translations and probably a lot more that I am too lazy to mention now. For a more complete list (not 100% complete, some devs tend to forget adding entries) have a look at the changelog. A changelog with the changes that might be visible to most users (and only includes these) is the players_changelog.

Downloads
Sources:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... 2?download (109.5 MB) md5sum
Here is the xDelta for the sources:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... a?download (1.3.11 to 1.3.12, 12.4 MB)
Check http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for info on using xdelta.

The Windows binary is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.

The MacOSX binary is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.

The OpenSolaris binary is available on the download page.

So far the OpenSolaris binaries are ready. No idea about the others, but all the known packagers have been contacted. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them work you get on the Linux binaries site for the Linux binaries. Download links for the other supported systems will be listed at the downloads page once the binaries are available.

As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ - you should first try to get files through SourceForge to help us save bandwidth.

Soon we will shutdown the 1.3.11 multiplayer server because we want to focus on getting 1.3.12 tested. 1.3.11 and 1.3.12 are not compatible due to some balancing changes. The server for 1.3.12 should be up soon. So consider doing an update as soon as possible. We want to wait with shutting down the old server until the MacOSX and the Windows binary are ready but once they are out we will shut down the old server.

If you find any bugs don't hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to post bugs first. Instructions for bug reporting can be found at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReportingBugs.

Enjoy!
Last edited by ivanovic on December 29th, 2007, 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JW

Post by JW »

Cool. The bat's defense increase was unexpected. Also, the Myrmidon's loss of an attack makes me extremely sad. :cry: 6 attacks was one of the reasons he was one of my favorite units.

Hopefully the Windows build will not need workarounds to get online this time.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Another new thing for user campaign/addon designers: they can now use if they want some ignore files to setup more precisely which file/directory of the campaign should *not* be sent on the addon server.
If can be useful for example if you use a copy of a SVN checkout and you want to opt out the .svn/ administrative directory of the package sent to the addon server.

Full explaination of this new feature here: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/IGNFileFormat (it's currently not easily visible from the other documentation -- feel free to fix it)
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Mashuu

Post by Mashuu »

I often want advanced players who are familiar with a given map and I always state that in title, however some players dont respect that, and often comes back.. then I have to kick many times. Its while creating game. It would be great to have ban option not only in running map. Lack of this feature is really anoying when someone joins even kicked many times.
Saying "please leave" first mostly dosnt work, sometimes they even dont understand english:(
So my begging here is for ban option when starting the game.
assassin

Post by assassin »

Not know where else to ask I will ask here, when will the 1.3.12 version be ready for windozzze users?
Interested in a LORD OF THE RINGS YAHOO GROUP THEN CHECK OUT http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Ring_of_Doom/
My MP name is aldarion!
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

assassin wrote:Not know where else to ask I will ask here, when will the 1.3.12 version be ready for windozzze users?
I switched to a new compiler and it will be ready as soon as i am able to build it (still fighting some linker problems atm).

Btw, it helps if i don't have to spend my time answering questions about when it will be ready all the time :wink: .
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
lwa
Inactive Developer

Post by lwa »

Here is the mac binaries download addresses:

Full version (121Mb)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... g?download

Lite Version (64Mb)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... g?download
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I'm tempted to get Mac just for this >_>
paris

Post by paris »

hehe..well 1.3.11 server is empty..i hope the windows version will be out soon cause i cant play and in the stable version i cant even stand:(
borad

Post by borad »

Was the primary key used for shortcuts on the Mac version deliberately changed from the standard one (command) to a non-standard one (control)?

It's freakin' annoying...
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Mashuu wrote:I often want advanced players who are familiar with a given map and I always state that in title, however some players dont respect that, and often comes back.. then I have to kick many times. Its while creating game. It would be great to have ban option not only in running map. Lack of this feature is really anoying when someone joins even kicked many times.
Saying "please leave" first mostly dosnt work, sometimes they even dont understand english:(
So my begging here is for ban option when starting the game.
Shouldn't be too difficult to implement a /ban <nick> command. The server doesn't care whether the game has started or not so you just need an interface to send the ban command in the game lobby. I've probably no time to do it though and usually care only for the server side anyway.

Make a feature request at bugs.wesnoth.org so it doesn't get forgotten and someone will eventually take care of it.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
waterd103

Post by waterd103 »

When the latest development version could be ready for windows, is somebody working for it? i mean, if's going to take more than today or tomorrow i will be tempting to try to compile it even if don't have idea on how to do that.
Can't someone compile it and upload it for download?
No windows users have yet feeled the urge to play the last version? :(
assassin

Post by assassin »

Boy I sure have, I look on this site for it about once every 3 hours if not more I mean this is probly the slowest it has ever been! The thing i don't get is I thought this newest versions main change was that it fixed the internet bug for windoze users and yet where is the download?
Interested in a LORD OF THE RINGS YAHOO GROUP THEN CHECK OUT http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Ring_of_Doom/
My MP name is aldarion!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

assassin wrote:Boy I sure have, I look on this site for it about once every 3 hours if not more I mean this is probly the slowest it has ever been! The thing i don't get is I thought this newest versions main change was that it fixed the internet bug for windoze users and yet where is the download?
Can't you have a bit of respect and patience, huh? Yogi Bear is in charge of building and releasing the Windows binaries. He has a life, unlike... unlike some people, and he can't spend all the day on Wesnoth development. Nor on noisy Windows users' requests.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

assassin wrote:Boy I sure have, I look on this site for it about once every 3 hours if not more I mean this is probly the slowest it has ever been! The thing i don't get is I thought this newest versions main change was that it fixed the internet bug for windoze users and yet where is the download?
Since YOU obviously feel very strongly about it why haven't YOU taken the time to work out how to install a C++ compiler and then compile the Windows binary yourself within minutes of the source code release?

I'm sure that all the Windows users out there would be highly appreciative of your efforts.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming