Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Tom of wesnoth wrote:Can i take over invasion of elidor?
No, you really can't. Sorry. At least not if you can't do it without any help.
toms

Post by toms »

zookeeper wrote:
Tom of wesnoth wrote:Can i take over invasion of elidor?
No, you really can't. Sorry. At least not if you can't do it without any help.
Just to clarify Tom of Wesnoth: Invasion of Eliador is one of the most complex campaigns concerning the WML code. (just have a look at it and then rethink about taking it over :P)
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Folket

Post by Folket »

I remember a Saurian campaign but I can't find it. Any idea where it is?
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Folket wrote:I remember a Saurian campaign but I can't find it. Any idea where it is?
IIRC, the campaign featuring the saurians was called "Forgotten Legacy" and it was around in the times of BfW 1.1... I don't know if it is abandoned or not.
Here is a link to the campaign forum thread
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Dragonchampion

Re: A New Threat

Post by Dragonchampion »

Mythological wrote:A New Threat

Credits
Creators: Assassin, Nikita ( ILikeProgramming )
Maintainer: none

Status
Latest version: 0.5.2
Campaign last updated: 13.06.2007
Compatible with BfW 1.0
Incomplete, 5 playable scenarios

Description
Lead a group of dark elves against an invading force of dwarves.

Comments
The campaign has a complete set of graphics.
The factions are completely developed and newer, balanced versions of the units can be taken from the Extended era.
Nikita considers that there is not enough scenario variety

File Location
Contact ILikeProgramming
Size: 1262 KB
I'd like this one. I like the Dark Elves. How do I get the stuff?
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

If you can't take the time* to figure out how to get the file from what you quoted, I'm not willing to help you.

*: It should take about 10 seconds.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Eternal Kindgom

Credits
Creators: Martenzo
Maintainer: none

Status
Latest version: 0.6.3
Campaign last updated: No clue, most likely early 06 or late 05
Compatible with BfW 1.1 (I think)
Incomplete, 3-4 playable scenarios (in BfW 1.1)

Description
Help a powerful ghost create an eternal kingdom

Comments
The entire code needs to be redone to be compatible with the latest version of Wesnoth
There are several cut-scene maps done

File Location
Here
Size: 528KB
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

LOL, Oh, man, I'm stupid! Stupid Stupid Stupid! :P Dang, I'm also a noobie noob. (Noobie Noobie Noob, where are you? We're ready and we're willin... :lol: )Man, I feel dumb. :?
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
KRCM

Post by KRCM »

And a very old one : Elf War

Probably still on 1.x server.

I someone wants to maintain it. I still have the code here to.

I just maintained it for a while.
Maintainer Elf War
Zoltic
Translator

Post by Zoltic »

If you agree I can take Gryphon Tale.

Just a small problem, the tgz I downloaded this morning is corrupted and I'm not sure to have all the files.

I converted what I had by wmllint and tested some features. Some little bugs but nothing really important for now.

I changed some parts to use the macros as TRAIT_RESILIENT and so one and prepared "texdomain" to translations. I'll translate in the same time in French.

There is 12 scenarios with two branches starting at the 9th.

If somebody has more informations, he can send me a PM. Thank you.

PS: I work on 1.3.12+svn to be up to date at the end of work.

Edit on Dec the 13th : All the scenarios (12) are now fully compatible with 1.3.12.

TODO : Modifying Race because of pb with challenger too fast. Adaptation to gettext system (in progress). New graphics for this particular kind of Gryphon. Balancing some fight due to modifications of units between wesnoth 1.0.2 (when it was created) and 1.3.12. Writing next scenarios (nearly 4 or 5 by branch) to end the campaign (in progress).
Zoltic
Translator

Post by Zoltic »

As nobody has more information about the missing files, can you, at least, say me who can put the campaign, and translations, on a server to distribute it ?

Now all the scenarios I had are fully working (except Farcel Bironze) I didn't understand how use the cockatrix and so, could not test the scenario, and I added one more scenario to end properly, but temporarily, the actual campaign. More scenarios will be write next days.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Zoltic wrote:As nobody has more information about the missing files, can you, at least, say me who can put the campaign, and translations, on a server to distribute it ?
Anyone. http://wesnoth.org/wiki/PblWML
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Hystrix

Re: Abandoned campaigns you can take over and work on

Post by Hystrix »

Hi, I'm new to Wesnoth but I'd like to try my luck helping with the game.
I'd like to take A Gryphon's Tale campaing, what do you think?
Thoragnor

Post by Thoragnor »

I remember wayyyyy back. In one of the original. . . 4 campaigns i think. . . One of them was (not 3 tests of an undead man. . .) but a fade-to-black style campaign. :eng: I believe that the campaign started you off as a mage fooling around with dark magic, followed your banishment, and then (I looked in some of the files a long time ago.. . before my comp crashed and i lost the files :cry: ) there were units (that weren't used yet) that were for the transition between human necromancer into a dark lich lord. I really liked the campaign, it was really tough in some points, but I haven't seen it since v1.0 of BFW. :augh: If anyone still has the campaign, and if it is actually abandoned, I would be honored to revive it :D . (If I still remember how to make these dang maps :lol2: )
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

Thoragnor wrote:I remember wayyyyy back. In one of the original. . . 4 campaigns i think. . . One of them was (not 3 tests of an undead man. . .) but a fade-to-black style campaign. :eng: I believe that the campaign started you off as a mage fooling around with dark magic, followed your banishment, and then (I looked in some of the files a long time ago.. . before my comp crashed and i lost the files :cry: ) there were units (that weren't used yet) that were for the transition between human necromancer into a dark lich lord. I really liked the campaign, it was really tough in some points, but I haven't seen it since v1.0 of BFW. :augh: If anyone still has the campaign, and if it is actually abandoned, I would be honored to revive it :D . (If I still remember how to make these dang maps :lol2: )
Descent into Darkness? :wink: