The Dark Hordes rise from the dead....again

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

I'll move it to my pixel workshop.

And yes, I agree, it looks a bit too cuddly. I'll post a version in my pixel workshop that looks more homocidal later.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

l'ultimo cruco wrote:
vonHalenbach wrote:I have uploaded my last version of TDH to the 1.3 Campaign server. I don't know if there is a difference to the version from Mythological.

The only changes were the porting from 1.2 WML to 1.3 WML.
The Dark Spirit in "Skull of Argash" has some flaws in his .cfg file:
attack type is "blade", resulting in his melee attack dealing 1-4 damage ;
when I changed it to "arcane" it functioned normally.
I just hit the same problem (version 0.4.3 on Wesnoth 1.3.8).
The source is not a wrong attack type (if you want blade, it may be blade), but a missing newline before "type = blade".
With the effect that this is appended to the description string of the attack, giving some strange MIME-header-like lines (from the translation file) in the right bar, and an error message when trying to view the help page.

Inserting the newline (and restarting the game to clear the unit cache) solved the problem.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Thank you Pauxlo! I have fixed it. 0.44 is now on the server.
Zoltic
Translator

Post by Zoltic »

I played this campaign yesterday and found some little mistakes. But no matter, it's not really important.

I saw on the campaigns server you ask for some help. Maybe could I help you if you don't ask me to draw anything, I have two left hands.
But I can help in WLM programs, tests, French translations (which are not at all up to date)... and I have maybe some ideas for this campaign.

If you need, only ask. ;)
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Yes, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your offer.
Zoltic
Translator

Post by Zoltic »

You can contact me by PM or with the address in my profile. I use also an msn like system (kopete), same address.

Just say me what you need and when.

For yesterday it's possibl, for last week also, for last month sorry I did not know Wesnoth. ;)
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Zoltic, are you still interested? I think i will abandon this campaign, because i have no time to work on it. If you write at least one level, you would have done more than me on it.

You could download the campaign from the server and make your changes. If you are ready, i will give you the key for the server upload.
torangan
Retired Developer

Re: The Dark Hordes rise from the dead....again

Post by torangan »

As 1.4 is out know I'd like all campaign on WesCamp-i18n to move over to the new scheme as described here: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18675

This campaign is one of those which should move, I'll merge the old translations of course.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

It is now on the new (1.4) server. I think i still don't have the time to improve this campaign, so i ask if someone is interested to take it over into his/her hands. Play it, make improvements in the code and then either post those improvements here or ask to take it over completly.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Yay! Finally another good undead campaign again!

I have one of my own planned for after I finish my current campaign, with some of the back-end code done already, but that's a while off...
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

A translator puts up the campaign and doesn't mark it as translateable... interesting. Is the text supposed to be rewritten? Or even worse, automatic uploads could have some problems...
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

torangan wrote:A translator puts up the campaign and doesn't mark it as translateable... interesting. Is the text supposed to be rewritten? Or even worse, automatic uploads could have some problems...
Yes, since TDH is only half complete, in my opinionion, there are many changes to expect in those translations. Because of those big changes, it makes no sense, to endorse premature translations. IMHO only wasted time & effort.

This Campaign desperatley needs a good maintainer, who will make it complete. Then it can be considered for translation.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

There are indeed a whole lot of things that need to be updated.

off the top of my head:
-The Dark Spirit uses old spectre code, replace it with something like: http://wesnoth.pastebin.com/f7ac6a72b
-The Initiate line is very different from the dark adept line, this seems on purpose, but they could definitely use an arcane attack
-Initiate line uses outdated graphics

update:
When loading scenario 5 (inside the tower):
20080328 09:35:56 error general: The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Invalid starting position (36,1) for the leader of side 2.

Reason is that the map is only 35 hexes wide, column 0 and 36 are borders.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Fixed all obvious issues so it is now at least playable. No gameplay changes, I'll leave that to someone else.
Attachments
The_Dark_Hordes.tar.bz2
(514.49 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

Nice. I have yet to play, but anything that involves resurrecting my 2nd favorite Wesnoth campaign is a good thing. I'd take it over myself, but I don't think I'd be able to handle a campaign, and I'd probably just abandon it...