tribute?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
TuxVader

tribute?

Post by TuxVader »

I just got done playing a multiplayer game, and I think that a great enhancement would be the ability to give gold to your allies, like the "tribute" feature in Age Of Empires. This way if your ally is struggling with the enemy, and you can't make it in time, you could send some surplus gold to your ally so they could build units. 8)
Dark penguin of the sith.
AT

its been said

Post by AT »

Its been suggested. Alot. I think its a good idea. Many people dont.
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."
Dacyn

Re: its been said

Post by Dacyn »

Oddly, this is the second post about this today.
AT wrote:Its been suggested. Alot.
So it goes in the FPI now, right?
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: its been said

Post by Dave »

Dacyn wrote:
AT wrote:Its been suggested. Alot.
So it goes in the FPI now, right?
Yeah. If anyone would like to become a maintainer of the FPI, let me know; it gets a hassle to maintain after a while :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

One Little Caveat though, whoever does it must keep in mind that simply because an idea is posted a lot and we do nothing about it, does not mean it is an idea to be statutorily rejected.

It's quite possible that we simply haven't gotten around to it yet. Make sure that FPI ideas are ideas that have been roundly condemned. Even if the purpose of that list is not exclusively for "condemned" ideas, many people view it as so.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

hmmm, no, FPI is not about rejected ideas, it's about avoiding restarting threads over and over.

so ideas who end in "good idea, but not implemented yet" should go in FPI so they are not proposed again...
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Boucman wrote:hmmm, no, FPI is not about rejected ideas, it's about avoiding restarting threads over and over.

so ideas who end in "good idea, but not implemented yet" should go in FPI so they are not proposed again...
You didn't understand the gist of my post. I know the FPI is for all such ideas, but I am saying that what it is for, and what people view it as being for, are two entirely different things.

Unfortunately, because of the purpose of the FPI list, we have to cater to the lowest common denominator. It would be better to have two lists, one for good-yet-unimplemented ideas and one for dead ideas, rather than to have one that serves two purposes. People like you and I have no problem understanding that, unfortunately, we are also the same people that have no need for the FPI, since we already know the history of conversation around here and don't post such ideas.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

I never had that feeling about FPI, but maybe you're right...
Shade

If this. . .

Post by Shade »

If this ever gets done, it should be lossy. There should be a 10% premium charged. Just my $0.02
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Jetrel

Re: If this. . .

Post by Jetrel »

(deleted post - on grounds of my being a tool)
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If this. . .

Post by Sangel »

Shade wrote:If this ever gets done, it should be lossy. There should be a 10% premium charged. Just my $0.02
I knew it! You work for the RIAA!
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Warcraft 3 has a similar tax for trading gold. I think such a tax is a great idea, it allows transfering of gold, but it makes you pay a price.
Shade

D'oh

Post by Shade »

Sangel wrote:
Shade wrote:If this ever gets done, it should be lossy. There should be a 10% premium charged. Just my $0.02
I knew it! You work for the RIAA!
D'oh, my cover is blown. My plan to sneak DRM in has been foiled. . .
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

He's a traitor! :evil: We have to chase him down! :x Tell us all your secrets, or else..... :twisted:
Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else! :)