Does anyone play Wesnoth on Wesnoth?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JJ

Does anyone play Wesnoth on Wesnoth?

Post by JJ »

I've been playing this little gem of a game for maybe half a year or so. These days, I can't ever seem to find anyone who actually wants to play a game of Wesnoth. People are always playing these custom minigame variants. Have all the players of standard, turn-based strategy Wesnoth moved over to the development version or something? I'm clueless and vexed. Clueless, vexed, and sick of playing Defense of the Damn Goblin. :)
TL

Post by TL »

The dev server definitely has a higher proportion of standard Wesnoth games, probably in part because a lot of mods haven't been ported over yet. I think even if you take out all the custom eras/scenarios there's still more default MP action on 1.2.6 overall, though.
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

Custom stuff is Wesnoth too, don't discriminate.
Zachron

Post by Zachron »

I have no problem finding normal games. Albeit many of them are extended era or Age of Heroes, but the game is still the same as you find in normal era. And I'm still playing the latest stable version, so It's not that hard, you just have to know where to look, when to get on, and when to just make your own game.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

You know, when I first saw this thread's title I though the question was of this sort: "Does anyone play the game in the Kingdom of Wesnoth, i.e. in Weldyn, Tahn, Westin, etc.?".

It seems for most of you to be so easy to start MP games that it even disturbs me. :?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I have no problem finding regular games of Wesnoth even on the dev server. What I've been wanting to do that I've b een having a hard time doing is find someone with the choose your own recruit era, I've been wanting to experiment with it. (in particular a theif,saurian,adept combo)
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Velensk wrote:I've b een having a hard time doing is find someone with the choose your own recruit era
The other players shouldn't need to have it installed before joining a game using it, if that's what you mean...or can you confirm that it doesn't work otherwise?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Nvm I read to fast for my own good. It was just that none joined the game I started with it.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."