List of abandoned campaigns?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

The idea of making an alphabetical list of the campaigns with links to the particular posts is good and I'm going to do just that after all the abandoned campaigns are mentioned in the sticky.

About cleaning the sticky, the best thing I can do is wait till later . The best thing would have been to move the discussion posts to this thread, but unfortunately, the forum doesn't allow moving posts between threads. I would hate deleting those posts - it will seem unfair and some people might take it personally. The last option - to split the thread would lead to having 3 different threads about the same topic which would be confusing. That is why I join your effort to encourage people to post their comments in this thread.

And I've created the page on the wiki - it is http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Abandoned_Campaigns. I've linked it to the create section of the wiki and to a couple other wikipages that I found apropriate. I've already copied the info from the sticky into it. Feel free to edit and improve the page.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Mythological wrote:About cleaning the sticky, the best thing I can do is wait till later. [...] I would hate deleting those posts - it will seem unfair and some people might take it personally.
Please feel free to delete my post to the sticky (I wasn't realising it was a sticky at the time...). The post perhaps was a useful comment at the time, but I think it'd be more useful to have a concise summary of the campaigns there. :)
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Rhuvaen wrote:Please feel free to delete my post to the sticky (I wasn't realising it was a sticky at the time...). The post perhaps was a useful comment at the time, but I think it'd be more useful to have a concise summary of the campaigns there. :)
That is part of why I would hate deleting it - yours and some other posts were actually useful comments, not some random gibberish that deserves deletion...

Never say never
tashi

Post by tashi »

Mythological wrote: And I've created the page on the wiki - it is http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Abandoned_Campaigns. I've linked it to the create section of the wiki and to a couple other wikipages that I found apropriate. I've already copied the info from the sticky into it. Feel free to edit and improve the page.
Is this different then the current one that shows old user campaigns? Probably I need to go in and update that page and have it point to this page. I setup a wiki account yesterday.
WizardMagus

Post by WizardMagus »

We can edit the existing posts in the sticky to incorporate any necessary comments. I don't think we should delete their posts outright, just keep the thread as concise as possible. Also, once the first complete version of the abandoned campaigns project is posted, I think we should delete this thread and start a clean one called "Abandoned Campaigns Discussion" or something along those lines. Then we can use that thread to discuss and keep track of things as they develop.

Myth, PM me with your e-mail address, so I can send you some campaign files in case people ask you for them. I have the unreleased, latest versions of: Despair and Decay, A New Threat, Ilayin the Illusionist and Unrest in Elfland. Tashi already has copies.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Wizard, if you send me those campaign files I will get to work on checking them out and making notes on them to post to the sticky.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Just out of curiosity - was any campaign already adopted? The only one I know of is Liberty which got pulled into mainline.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

WizzardMagus : I got your e-mail but there were no files attached to it

Tashi : If you are talking about UserScenarios wikipage, that one is supposed to be about the up-to-date user made content, but it hasnt been properly updated, so it has a lot of outaded and abandoned stuff in it . Status_of_User_Scenarios is only about the status of all the UMC ( broken; working;complete;uncomplete e.t.c. ) - so I dont think that the Abandoned_Campaigns page is redundant

Tornagan : just a few of them have been adopted. We hope more of them to be taken in the future.

Never say never
WizardMagus

Post by WizardMagus »

Mythological wrote:WizzardMagus : I got your e-mail but there were no files attached to it
Myth/Turuk, I tried sending from my Gmail address, hopefully this time it will work correctly. Same name on the e-mail, for spam-filter purposes.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

WizardMagus, I got them this time, Deaspair and Decay, Dark Elves, and Two Campaigns, is that all of them? Sorry for the delayed response, I'm out of town and computer access is limited.
Lim_Arcadia

Post by Lim_Arcadia »

Is the All Factions Era Still avalable? If I got the files, I'd pick it up where it was left off. :)
"The ability to speak does not make you intelegent." - Qui-Gon Jinn
Kestenvarn wrote:This is not a faction.
This is not even trying to be a faction.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

WizzardMagus : I got the files attached to the message this time. Thanks!

Lim_Arcadia : All Factions Era has not been updated for 1.2 nor for 1.3 so I am pretty sure it has been abandoned. Feel free to continue the work on it. You can download the files of All Factions Era here.

Never say never
WizardMagus

Post by WizardMagus »

This is the current status of the campaign listings. I divided them into finished listings, to-be-completed listings, and other:

Finished:

Gryphon's Tale, a
New Threat, a
North Wind, the
Return of the Legions

TBC:

Attack of the Undead
Civil War
Despair and Decay
Elves and Wose
Forgotten Legacy, the
Glory
Heist
Holidays
Ilayin the Illusionist
Invasion of Eliador
Random Campaign
Restoration
Seed of Evil, a
Survival
Unrest in Elfland

Other Campaigns of Note:

Elf War I + II - Mythological is now maintaining these campaigns
Mage Republic, the - tashi is now maintaining this campaign
Scout - toms claims that he is reviving the campaign himself, but I see no evidence of this... keep an eye on it?

At this point, I suggest posting a quick note on this thread when you decide to make a campaign listing, so we don't have two people pointlessly working on the same thing.