List of abandoned campaigns?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tashi

Post by tashi »

quick notes here

You can go to the following web site to pull some of these.

http://web.archive.org/web/2005-re_/htt ... /list.html

Here is a campaign or two for you to start with

The North Wind
A Gryphon's Tale

As for where to put them. My suggestion would be to install 1.2.x, download a campaign from the add-on server. Go into your file browser and look to see where the userdata directory is under Wesnoth, then data directory then campaign directory. Look to see how the campaign you just downloaded is setup. From the archive the <campaign>.cfg goes in the campaign directory. all the other files and directories are similar to the one you DL from the ADD-ON server.

sorry if this is confusing, I just tossed these notes off.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

OK, I've started the sticky . I also plan to make a page on the Wiki on this issue, but I'll do that after all the campaigns are mentioned in the other thread, so that I can link them to the Wiki page. That is why I suggest that we put the info about each campaign in a separate post, and also so that if some files need to be attached later, it'll be clear which campaign they are for. I am willing to make some of the posts/paperwork about it, unless tashi and WizardMagus want to do that themselves.

Turuk : which operating system do you use ? ( so that I can tell you where to place the downloaded campaigns )
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Ok, thanks tashi, I had already started working on A Gryphon's Tale before I saw your post I'll keep on it. I reinstalled 1.2x and when I downloaded it from the add-on, it's running fine on its own, so do I still need to shuffle it around?

Mythological, I use a Windows Operating System.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Return of the Legions (1.2 add-on server) can be added to the list for all practical purposes. I'm still around and might work on it some day, but it seems unlikely. I'm fine with someone else working on it, although I'd still be able to help with most aspects of it just fine and would prefer if my plans (I have the full storyline planned out) were followed at least somewhat. Things to do would involve converting it to 1.3 (should be pretty simple) and writing the rest of the scenarios (the current ones should cover about 1/3 of the total amount).
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Turuk : in case you haven't figured it out yourself yet, you should place all user made campaigns in wesnoth\userdata\data\campaigns\

Zookeeper : sure thing - we'll add RotL to the list

Never say never
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Thanks Mythological, I remembing tinkering with this before, and apparently whatever I did stuck because that's where they all end up on their own.

Do we have a complete list in a word document or something somewhere?
tashi

Post by tashi »

Turuk wrote: Do we have a complete list in a word document or something somewhere?
We have a spreadsheet that we are using to get things straighten out. I am also coming up with a template to post things in the sticky.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Gotcha, I'm just asking because I have two months before I start school again and no significant time constraints so starting tomorrow, I'm going to sit down and start trying to work through all these campaigns and check them all out.
tashi

Post by tashi »

Mythological, can I or WizardMagus post to the sticky? And can the posts be edited once they are in the sticky. Would need to do that as people take over things

Here is at template that I thought would be good for the sticky.
=============================

A New Threat v.0.5.2

Entry Last Updated: 2007/06/13

Credits
Creator: Assassin & Nikita
Maintainer: None

File Location

Some URL or file attachment

Description
What is the plot, number of scenarios, etc

Comments
Status about problems, notes, misc info, etc
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

For what it's worth Tashi, I'm making sure to write down notes on the campaign as I work through it, so I help to flesh out parts of the template if facts are missing.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Tashi : sure you can post in the sticky thread - you can find it at the top of this forum under the name "Abandoned campaigns you can take over and work on". Also, the rule is that everyone can edit his own posts and the mods can edit any post. The template is good but it is missing few things, perhaps something like this :

Status
Complete , unplayable/playable till scenario 6

Never say never
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Let me try to write up something for my campaign

A New Threat

Status
Latest version: 0.5.2
Campaign last updated: 06/13/2007

Credits
Creators: Assassin, Nikita
Maintainer: None

File Location
Contact me (ILikeProgramming)
Size: 1262 KB

Description
Lead a group of dark elves against an invading force of dwarves.

Comments
The campaign has a complete set of graphics. The factions are completely developed and newer, balanced versions of the units can be taken from the Extended era.

The first several scenarios (about 5) were complete and working with an earlier version of the game. However, I consider that there is not enough scenario variety.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Ok, Elves and Wose is listed as broken in the little list being made, it's not at all, I'm currently running through it testing it now. It's just a matter of grabbing the code for the Elvish High Lord from HttT and copying it over. Easy fix.

How do I know this is an easy fix? Because I was able to do it. Enough said.
tashi

Post by tashi »

We have some in the sticky now. Great. Hopefully someone will pick them up. I would like to limit the amount of discussion in the sticky and try to leave that for the announcements that some campaign needs a maintainer.
WizardMagus

Post by WizardMagus »

I had an idea. Once all of the campaign listings are posted in the sticky, I think that we should edit the initial listing to contain an alphabetized list of campaigns, with a link to the posts for each one. That is the only way this can really get organized properly.

I'd be happy to write this up when the time comes, but Myth needs to make the change to his post. While we are at it, we should clean out the incidental talking in that thread.

Myth, did you have a Wiki page for us yet? I would also be happy to work on that as well.