Random campaign?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

telex4

Random campaign?

Post by telex4 »

How hard would it be to implement a random campaign, i.e. randomly generated maps (as in multiplayer), that follow on as long as you want to keep playing.

You'd be able to keep your troops and gold across games, so you could start playing some multiplayer games against the AI with a really good core set of units.

The AI in each map would also have to adjust to the units you can recall, and your gold reserves.

And you could perhaps have some controls at the start, similar to the multiplayer random map generator, to theme it a little so you can choose the difficulty, the type of terrain, the size of the maps, etc.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Would you get to choose your leader, too?

And what you can recruit?

And a whole lot of other stuff?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
SteelP

Post by SteelP »

I like the idea! you should decide at the beginning the number of scenarios the campaign will have, the side (perhaps there should be a side where you can choose wich units you would get, until a max number of points: zombies:1 point, mages, 3 points, ...).
The AI in each map would also have to adjust to the units you can recall, and your gold reserves.
I found that this is very important at steel panthers :wink:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

SteelP wrote:(perhaps there should be a side where you can choose wich units you would get, until a max number of points: zombies:1 point, mages, 3 points, ...).
There's a problem with that. Suppose you chose some kind of leader unit, and Vampire Bats. You could have bats gaining up to 18 HP a fight.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Yeah I've had this idea for a while, and I think it's a good one :)

Not too difficult to implement.

Actually, you could implement it entirely using WML, if you tried hard enough.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming