Walking Corpses Renewal

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

How come his torso is a different color?
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Drake Clasher

Post by Drake Clasher »

Eternal wrote:We need a sleepy emoticon.

:D :D :D
the observer a wesnoth newspaper by DDR
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Eternal wrote:How does this look for a fish soulless?
Good? Bad? Something between? :hmm:
He's really nice, but probably too big.
Try to put some unit next to it and see what happens...
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Noyga wrote:He's really nice, but probably too big.
Yup. Too big. :)
I hopefully corrected that now. And here's the fishy itself and with the ongoing death-knight for size comparison.
(The death knight will not look that in the final version. I'll change the pose completely.)
Attachments
swimmer-soulless.png
swimmer-soulless.png (2.48 KiB) Viewed 6065 times
swimmer-soulless_death-knight.png
swimmer-soulless_death-knight.png (5.89 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

The transition from torso to tail is too sharp. Since the head and tail are the same color, it makes it look like a fish head and tail where sewn on to a human torso. One way to correct this would be to make the greyer color associated with the ventral portion and the blue to be more towards the dorsal side, or vice-versa. There are, of course, other solutions. Overall looks good.

The torso size seems correct compared to the death knight, and the death knight is the correct size compared to an elvish captain, so I think that you basically have the size correct, although the head might be too large compared to merman heads.
Rocket Slug

Post by Rocket Slug »

Darth Fool wrote:The torso size seems correct compared to the death knight, and the death knight is the correct size compared to an elvish captain, so I think that you basically have the size correct, although the head might be too large compared to merman heads.
I dunno, I think the extra fins on his head gives him character (or are you talking about the face in general?). His pecs are still massive, though. His chest so much wider compared to the death knight.
traverser

Post by traverser »

[bug report] The "skirt" on Drake WC is the wrong shade :cry: it will not turn in accordance with TC [/bug report]

BTW this is in version 1.2.5
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Just to keep you (a little) up to date:
Some attacks for soullesses. And in related news: Jetryl lends me a hand on these despite his tremendous amount of work. Thanks! :)

Help is always welcome though.
The "skirt" on Drake WC is the wrong shade
I'll fix that (unless it has been already).
Attachments
soullesses-attack.png
soullesses-attack.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 5497 times
Caeb

Post by Caeb »

sorry to dig up old bones, but I was wondering if an elf variation was in the works, or will they remain forever bound to the same cadaver as humans...?
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Caeb wrote:sorry to dig up old bones, but I was wondering if an elf variation was in the works, or will they remain forever bound to the same cadaver as humans...?
They'll have to go with the same as humans. Doing a variation with merely ears being pointier would be crazy waste of time and resources.
We've got so many variations already, and sadly most of the soulless versions are still unfinished. :|

And just the other day I noticed that vampire bats are now in the books of the living and they use the drake undead variation. :lol: (and the skirt TC for it is still wrong, sorry)

I wonder if Jet is planning to whip up the undead variations along the new bat?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

There is also a gryphon variation (which also uses the drake frames).
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

Don't count on either of them for now anyway. I'm pretty sure those are not very high on this to make it anytime soon. Might be best to just set the Gryphon animations (atleast the rider not wild) to just have the dwarf appear. We'll just assume the bird wasn't undeadable in the process. The undead bat probably will just look better as a standard human WC imo, but I guess we have to preserve it's movement by using the drake's.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

It might help if there was some really obvious visual cue to distinguish a soulless from a L0 zombie

Such as black eye sockets vs. glowing red eye socket
But I don't think it's really necessary

Or straw hats, lol :lol:

Or the skin re-color (also proposed by Hunz).
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."