Debug Codes

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alimarin

Debug Codes

Post by alimarin »

I know these three only codes, but i know there's a-lot more codes,
Press ":" to bring up the command console, and type debug, then press enter to activate debug mode, press ":", type in the code, and press enter to activate the following codes:

gold X- gives x amount of gold
unit experience=x- gives the selected unit x amount of experience .1
unit hitpoints=x- gives the selected unit x amount of experience .1
unit moves=x gives the selected unit x amount of moves .1-=new code!=-

(1. these codes must have the mouse cursor over the unit, or else it wont work.)

Can you guys help me find more. i really want one that can give X amount of damage, like having 26-7 instead of 4-3 for damage

Edit: found a new code!
Last edited by alimarin on July 5th, 2007, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

You don't need to have some kind of debug code for that, just edit the files yourself. If you have a mac you can find your unit files in Contents(right click app icon, select show package contents)/Resources/data/core/units and edit to your hearts content.

Specifically for attacks, in each unit file(I'll use a spearman as an easy example) there will be a few lines of text that look like this

Code: Select all

[attack]
		name=spear
		type=pierce
		range=melee
		damage=7
		number=3
You don't have to worry about anything below that in the attack tags unless you want to screw with the animations for that unit. Now you just have to edit those lines to change what you want.

To:

Code: Select all

[attack]
		name=spear
		type=pierce
		range=melee
		damage=999
		number=999
Or whatever else you want

Hope I helped
Sorry for the meaningless post
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

romnajin wrote:You don't need to have some kind of debug code for that, just edit the files yourself. If you have a mac you can find your unit files in Contents(right click app icon, select show package contents)/Resources/data/core/units and edit to your hearts content.
You fail to mention that whatever changes you do this way will only apply to new units.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

That's true, sorry for the oversite. I probably just never thought of that, because I've only ever made new units, not boosted them to "cheat".
Sorry for the meaningless post
alimarin

Post by alimarin »

never mind, there isn't a way to do it unless you edit the games unit files.