How Do I install downloaded Add-Ons offline??

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Cor'e =)

Post by Cor'e =) »

I have all the current add-ons downloaded from the french website and would like to point my startup menu installer to my local files folder that contains them so i can do add-on installs offline.

Help appreciated! tia.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: How Do I install downloaded Add-Ons offline??

Post by Soliton »

Cor'e =) wrote:How Do I install downloaded Add-Ons offline??
Instructions are at the top of the site you downloaded the add-ons from. If you have trouble with those you need to be more specific.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Cor'e =)

Post by Cor'e =) »

@Soliton: I believe i am specific, please re-read my post, i asked how to use the start up Add-On option to load my local Add-Ons... Can you help in that regard? ;)

I see no reference to what *i'm* asking on http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html
however, i see what you thought i wanted, that's nice.

Still looking for here, tia! =)
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Cor'e =) wrote:@Soliton: I believe i am specific, please re-read my post, i asked how to use the start up Add-On option to load my local Add-Ons... Can you help in that regard? ;)
No, because that's not how it works. The instructions given on that page are the way to do it. If you think there is some hidden magic option to do it the way you want it to work then you're out of luck.
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

Although not knowing what you mean by "Startup menu installer" I think soliton pretty much answered your question.

So simply create "campaigns"-folder and put all the stuff there or just rename the folder where you have put all the campaigns. Then you could make a symbolic link of that folder to the appropriate location (See link that soliton posted).
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
Cor'e =)

Post by Cor'e =) »

@PingPangQui: I posted that link.

@Soliton: It works any way it gets programmed to work, i do think you might just admit you did not answer my Q until your second post '...that's not how it works', and if know just how it works, then perhaps you know a way to direct that GUI HID to load not from the web, but from a local file folder instead??

BTW, i'm sure you've helped a ton of people perhaps you can help me, Tia! =)
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Cor'e =) wrote: @Soliton: It works any way it gets programmed to work, i do think you might just admit you did not answer my Q until your second post '...that's not how it works',
I've answered the question that i quoted. Apparently not to your liking since it didn't involve the procedure you made up. Nothing I can do about that. File a feature request at http://bugs.wesnoth.org.
Cor'e =) wrote:and if know just how it works, then perhaps you know a way to direct that GUI HID to load not from the web, but from a local file folder instead??
I suppose another "That's not how it works." doesn't get the point across now either, eh?
Cor'e =) wrote:BTW, i'm sure you've helped a ton of people perhaps you can help me, Tia! =)
Doesn't seem possible.
Cor'e =)

Post by Cor'e =) »

@Soliton: Not to be rude, but I usually leave posts alone when i cannot or will not help the poster with their issue, i would ask you have that same courtesy at this point.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

This is going nowhere fast.locked