Clans

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

stipiee

Post by stipiee »

mhh...

its the difference between the players.

an "associal" play would show his will to win by offending and leaving.
a player with character and self confidence would just play.
My Signature:

Still searching for players! Wesnoth Ladders and Cups!

http://www.gamers-only.net !
Lim_Arcadia

Post by Lim_Arcadia »

Clans are Ok, but what we really need is something like Garland wars that the Aztecs used to do when they ran out of sacrifices. Yes, Wesnoth should become a warzone for anyone who enters the forums. Also, noobs would be useful cannon fodder to not know what the heck was going on. There could be momentous battles between the clans, and secret alliances that come and go, uniteing for the glorious destruction of one another! Yes!

I'm sorry, I missed the conversation there for a moment, I was lost in my own thoughts. Please, continue.

(is thinking of starting a clan based on the consumption of Beer...)

Probable countdown until the mods find out and lock this thread: 5... 4... 3... 2...
"The ability to speak does not make you intelegent." - Qui-Gon Jinn
Kestenvarn wrote:This is not a faction.
This is not even trying to be a faction.
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

are there any special things that i need to do to create a clan?
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Me1234 wrote:are there any special things that i need to do to create a clan?
Nope. We are an oppen community so you are free to do whattever you want.

If this is what you really want to do then here are a few pointers:

(1) Stick with it - don't make some big far hyped up announcement and just leave in a week - never to be seen again.

(2) Put some work into it - make a website, play lots of multiplayer, talk to people, join the forum discussions, make clan logos and policies, and contrubute to Wesnoth in whichever way you can.

(3) Don't be an idiot - nothing will make people loose respect for you faster around here.

(4) Become a relitivley skilled player yourself - otherwise you want a cluleless newbie clan.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Other people may have something to add however.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
telly

Post by telly »

Tomsik wrote:
RCG Tiburon wrote:what's wrong with aggression/competetiveness
Competetiveness is ok, agression is not.
I don't know if you like when people swear in games, leave, etc. etc, but surely I do not.
That has nothing to do with clans or whatever. It's normally anonymous random newbies who are the most aggravating.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Tomsik wrote:
RCG Tiburon wrote:what's wrong with aggression/competetiveness
Competetiveness is ok, agression is not.
I don't know if you like when people swear in games, leave, etc. etc, but surely I do not.
no we are NOT ANTISOCIAL!!!!111!!!!elevenoneone!!!11!
its just that everyone not belonging to Los Burritos Miserables is a total iditot! and cant understand whatteh game is all about!!!11! and a N000B!!!!1!

---

seriously, now. id want to start a clan named Los Burritos Miserables. not because i would have any need to, but it sounds really cool, no? i mean, really, i wish i had chosen that as my forum username. or something.

btw, i think clans actually decrease leaving midgame. like, if your clanmember would leave or cause outofsync or whatever, some other people on the server will start telling you that he did, and so he will get kicked off the clan, which disencourages such bad play.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

I think I have already said that in a previous dicussion but I will say it again: There are two different kinds of clans (not counting "political" clans like n3t, no-fog, etc. which only exist in Wesnoth): Clans that are just like teams for games like Counterstrike (or anything else that could not be played without players who know each other well, also including team games of strategy games of course) and Clans that are just a group of people who think Clans are cool. The first type of clan makes sense to me since team based games can not be played without teams (like football can not be played without teams). Those clans were IMO unfortunately not seen in Wesnoth yet. The second type of clan I regard as useless but unfortunately I think all Wesnoth clans which were not "political" were of this type yet. But again, this is just my personal opinion.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
tsr

Post by tsr »

Baufo wrote:Those clans were IMO unfortunately not seen in Wesnoth yet.
Team HODOR?

/tsr
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

Baufo wrote:I think I have already said that in a previous dicussion but I will say it again: There are two different kinds of clans (not counting "political" clans like n3t, no-fog, etc. which only exist in Wesnoth): Clans that are just like teams for games like Counterstrike (or anything else that could not be played without players who know each other well, also including team games of strategy games of course) and Clans that are just a group of people who think Clans are cool. The first type of clan makes sense to me since team based games can not be played without teams (like football can not be played without teams). Those clans were IMO unfortunately not seen in Wesnoth yet. The second type of clan I regard as useless but unfortunately I think all Wesnoth clans which were not "political" were of this type yet. But again, this is just my personal opinion.
Your explanation of the first clan type seems to be very limited; I've seen many clans claiming to be a gaming community, including a dozen or more games being played inside this clan and even sometimes a few hundreds members. Clans aren't only made up for team games or games that "could not be played without players who know each other well", they can also be made for a... Social purpose? Like, a community of players who join for the sake of having fun, not only because the game they play requires a "team".

I'm taking this example off my old clan [uBp] btw.

Your 2nd clan type pretty much regroups a lot of "stupid" or immature people, and are, I agree, rather useless.
http://giantitp.com

"I have 8 forums, soon to be 7!" - Troy
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

would it be smart for me to start a clan? ive had this game before and i like to crush undead with mages. just a little thought.
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Konrad II wrote:
Baufo wrote:I think I have already said that in a previous dicussion but I will say it again: There are two different kinds of clans (not counting "political" clans like n3t, no-fog, etc. which only exist in Wesnoth): Clans that are just like teams for games like Counterstrike (or anything else that could not be played without players who know each other well, also including team games of strategy games of course) and Clans that are just a group of people who think Clans are cool. The first type of clan makes sense to me since team based games can not be played without teams (like football can not be played without teams). Those clans were IMO unfortunately not seen in Wesnoth yet. The second type of clan I regard as useless but unfortunately I think all Wesnoth clans which were not "political" were of this type yet. But again, this is just my personal opinion.
Your explanation of the first clan type seems to be very limited; I've seen many clans claiming to be a gaming community, including a dozen or more games being played inside this clan and even sometimes a few hundreds members. Clans aren't only made up for team games or games that "could not be played without players who know each other well", they can also be made for a... Social purpose? Like, a community of players who join for the sake of having fun, not only because the game they play requires a "team".
Hmm, yeah, maybe my definition of the first clan type was very limited but somehow I think that social-clans still belong into this first category too (after all there are also hooby football teams, not only professionals, aren't they?). A better definition might be "Clans that consist of people who play games together, no matter if they are trying to improve their performance or just having fun.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

Baufo wrote:A better definition might be "Clans that consist of people who play games together, no matter if they are trying to improve their performance or just having fun.
Indeed, that works :)
http://giantitp.com

"I have 8 forums, soon to be 7!" - Troy