Wesnoth 1.2.2: replays and savegames

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Wesnoth 1.2.2: replays and savegames

Post by Yogibear »

Lately there have been a couple of problems with savegames and replays. I hope i fixed most of them with the current release but there is still the possibility of some being left.

I would like to collect those issues here and keep you updated every now and then. I will cumulate all issues in the next post, together with a status. Please read that post and check if your issue has been mentioned already to prevent useless noise.

On a side note: MP saves now always contain the complete replay even if they are reloads (those used to start from the point of reloading).
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Autosave naming doesn't work right. The "auto-part" in the name is doubled if autosaves are reloaded and saved again. Similar issues appear with regular saves as well.
Gna bug: #8526
Status: Problem reproduced, located and solved, fix will be committed to svn soon.
Edit: This is fixed in SVN. Included in 1.2.3.

If a 1.2 or 1.2.1 middle scenario campaign savegame is reloaded in 1.2.2, the recall list is gone.
Gna bug: None
Edit: Reproduced, located and solved, fix will be committed to svn soon.
Edit: Fixed in SVN. Included in 1.2.3.

Observer replays always crash.
Gna bug: #8474
If whoever posted that could provide a savegame, that would be great.

In HttT, "Isle of the damned", the recruitment list contains mages and rebels, like in earlier scenarios.
Status: reproduced, located, solved and fixed in SVN. Included in 1.2.3.

Scenario replays from 1.2/1.2.1 crash when loaded in 1.2.2.

Multiplayer replays don't work if the game used another than the standard era.
Last edited by Yogibear on March 16th, 2007, 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Gus

Post by Gus »

Kalis recently provided us with a complete set of replays from HttT, that he played with 1.2.1. After installing 1.2.2 over my previous 1.2.1 installation, i tried loading a handful of those replays, and they all would crash. I tried loading them with and without checking the "show replay" box. I also tried loading my own saves for the game (beginning of the scenario) and it didn't crash.

Click here to download the first three of his replays.

EDIT: The same happened to me using Clonkinator's savegames.
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
CragHack

Post by CragHack »

I started playing HttT on 1.2.2. On the Isle of the Damned i'm able to recruit only Footpads, Poachers, Mermen as it should be. But when i load a saved game, there appear even Scouts, Mages and all the other Rebel units in the recruit list. Isn't that a bug?
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

CragHack wrote:I started playing HttT on 1.2.2. On the Isle of the Damned i'm able to recruit only Footpads, Poachers, Mermen as it should be. But when i load a saved game, there appear even Scouts, Mages and all the other Rebel units in the recruit list. Isn't that a bug?
Yes, if it is a savegame of "Isle of the Damned" that is a bug!

Thanks for pointing that out.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Looked at your replays, Gus, and was able to reproduce and fix the problem.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Since I was redirected here from the 1.2.3 description as "important problems fixed not listed in the changelog", does this mean that what is listed here as "located, fixed in SVN..." is now fixed in 1.2.3?
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

santi wrote:Since I was redirected here from the 1.2.3 description as "important problems fixed not listed in the changelog", does this mean that what is listed here as "located, fixed in SVN..." is now fixed in 1.2.3?
Jepp. I will edit Yogis post to indicate that they are included in 1.2.3.