Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:
turin wrote:IMHO, stone monoliths and some of the other ideas are right out - you can't really show tcolor on a hunk of rock.
Painted rocks.
Will look absurd, or have their tcolor be unrecognizable, or both. (IMHO)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Stone monliths with TC glowing runes
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

For those "Elven" villages, i wonder if a TC-able version of them can be made. The roofs are alredy a very fitting green, but reddish, brownish and other colors may fit as well too.

I like the faction flags idea, too.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
dreampilot

Post by dreampilot »

Any chance the Wesnoth code can support campaign specific flags? right now the path seems hardcoded and can't be overridden.
Zebulon
Art Developer

Post by Zebulon »

dreampilot wrote:Any chance the Wesnoth code can support campaign specific flags? right now the path seems hardcoded and can't be overridden.
Eleazar wrote: The game currently supports custom flags for campaigns, but so far as i know, only tSG and SotBE use them.
I don't know how to do that, though.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

make a macro something like this:

Code: Select all

#define CUSTOM_SG_FLAG
	flag=flag/SGflag-1.png:200,flag/SGflag-2.png:125,flag/SGflag-3.png:400,flag/SGflag-2.png:200
#enddef
and then refer to it as part of the side definition for each scenario in which you want it to appear.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:
JW wrote: Painted rocks.
Will look absurd, or have their tcolor be unrecognizable, or both. (IMHO)
Tell that to cavemen and get your head bashed in.

Obviously (to me) I meant painted with a pattern like an "X" or something.
dreampilot

Post by dreampilot »

Eleazar wrote:make a macro something like this:

Code: Select all

#define CUSTOM_SG_FLAG
	flag=flag/SGflag-1.png:200,flag/SGflag-2.png:125,flag/SGflag-3.png:400,flag/SGflag-2.png:200
#enddef
and then refer to it as part of the side definition for each scenario in which you want it to appear.
Thanks I'll try it out. I enjoy your undead banner and think it's a nice idea.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

I agree with Turin's aversion to monoliths as a variant flag. Unless there's a campaign-specific rational, i thing they are too different from flags, to gracefully serve the same purpose.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

it might be ridiculous, but TC'ed smoke? I know a lot of villages (maybe all) have chimneys. Even just make a fire going for drake owned villages.
orcish_orc

Post by orcish_orc »

I got some variations on those flags, edited Eleazer's and used some parts of it.

Exactly how else could we vary the flags other than adding skulls? I'm thinking change the shape of the flag but not sure which faction would get which shape.
Attachments
Two skulls on a stick
Two skulls on a stick
twoskulls.JPG (1.19 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
Two flags on a stick
Two flags on a stick
twoflags.JPG (1.21 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
JW

Post by JW »

orcish_orc wrote:I got some variations on those flags, edited Eleazer's and used some parts of it.

Exactly how else could we vary the flags other than adding skulls? I'm thinking change the shape of the flag but not sure which faction would get which shape.
Wow, necromancy, but for a good reason! This hasn't been implemented yet? It's been over a year! I thought it was a great idea, but obviously I had forgotten all about it.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

JW wrote:This hasn't been implemented yet? It's been over a year! I thought it was a great idea, but obviously I had forgotten all about it.
The undead flags Eleazar posted have been in the 1.3.x branch for some time. And every WML coder is free to use them if they want by adding the proper values to the [side] tag.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Eleazar wrote:I agree with Turin's aversion to monoliths as a variant flag. Unless there's a campaign-specific rational, i thing they are too different from flags, to gracefully serve the same purpose.
I can see something like totem poles working for the orcs, but am happy to bow to community preference.