* * * Tournament of Champions Results * * *

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

I was teasing JW, oh and soliton 1 bec 3. hurry up and beat pietro dk.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
JW

Post by JW »

Becephalus wrote:I was teasing JW,
omg, really? :P
(fake question - I knew that, silly)
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Now, after hard and long games (5 of them) I can announce, that result of semi-final between Pietro and me is 2:3.

Thanks for games Pietro!

Last 2 replays are here.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

I am happy to report the tourney final si no 3-0. Almost makes up for twins losing.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

DK won the last game so its 3-1 now. I am sad that I keep losing on by best map (The Den, where Onis lives). I guess I am getting too cutesy with my recruits.

Onward to meteor lake!
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Argh game lost to luck entirely. As far as Doc research goes I would say thats the second or third for me in tournament where luck was deciding factor one way or other. So thats 2 or 3 games of 10?

3-2 now.

At one point I was 475/635 (-160)
and DK was 650/625 (+25)

180 pt swing is what 6 untis? god...
Last edited by Becephalus on October 7th, 2006, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Becephalus wrote:Argh game lost to luck entirely. As far as Doc research goes I would say thats the second or third for me in tournament where luck was deciding factor one way or other. SO thats 2 or 3 games of 10?

3-2 now.

At one point I was 475/635 (-160)
and DK was 650/625 (+25)

180 pt swing is what 6 untis? god...
ouch, that's rough.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Yeah it is rough, but I benefitted of one extreme luck game as well. So I guess I can handle it :) .
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

I hereby report results of the final round of the tournament:

Game 6th: Dragonking (random Loyalists) vs Becephalus (random Drakes) on Blitz - I won, this resulted in 3:3 in the final serie.

Therefore winner had to be decided in the last, 7th game, where Becephalus (random Undead) fought against me (Dragonking - random Undead) on Charge. After quite long, yet interesting and bloody battle (which is something pretty amazing if you think about UD vs UD games...) I managed to defeat hordes of evil and ugly undeads with my troops (which were even more evil and ugly BTW :wink: ).

Thus, final round of the tournament ends with result:
Becephalus vs Dragonking 3:4

Thanks for all games Becephalus! It was really fun (and really, really hard) to play against you. I believe that you will kick my ass in the next tournament. :-)

All replays are here.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
JW

Post by JW »

Da**it DK!!! Now I can only claim to be the 3rd best wesnoth player!! :evil:

:P

Congrats though. :p
suvorov

thank you doc paterson

Post by suvorov »

I just wanted to take the time for thanking Doc for throwing the tournament together. It was fun and allowed everyone a chance to see wesnoth played at its best. Also, some of the best had a chance to shine, and sieze their fair share of wesnoth glory. :)
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
Roman Loyalist

Post by Roman Loyalist »

I think, after two first unlucky defeats, DK won justly :)
Congradulation Dragonking!! :D 8)
PS:(Admin. where is smile with beer? ;) )
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Now doc what was that Prize again, from what I remember you said 'a healthy dose of rabies.'

Wow, UD vs UD, thats the perfect tie-breaker. It'd take alot of strategy, mixed with luck to win that battle.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Congratulations to Dragonking and Becephalus for an outstanding final series, and congratulations to all of our players, who made this a fun and successful tournament.

I will now need Dragonking to choose one of these dinosaurs. That dinosaur will then be tatooed with his name and sent to stand for all eternity in the HALL OF CHAMPIONS.

(To the others: If you'd like to play in the next tournament, start thinking about which Dino you'd like to represent you. That Dino will represent you in all future tournaments, until the day that you win a Championship. On that day, your Dino passes into the eternal Hall of Champions (yes, there will be pictures and a thread for the Hall of Champions 8) ), and you may then choose a new Dino. The Final Four of our first tournament, The Tournament of Champions, will have first picks for their Dinos. Incidentally, I'll likely be announcing the next tournament in one to two weeks, so keep your eyes peeled.)

Well done all.

All Hail Dragonking, Heavyweight Champion of the World!
Attachments
tourneydinos.jpg
tourneydinos.jpg (76.18 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Dinos, Doc always cracks me up... Yes ggs DK. I would be upset if I had lost to a lesser player, but you once again showed your exp whoring prowess :). I hope you enjoy your stay at the top, my suspicion is that Soliton is going to be on a mission next tournament :).