BloodBorn

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DeViL

BloodBorn

Post by DeViL »

New idea for faction the bloodborn

the bloodborn are crossbreeds between elves and dwarves these creatures are shunned by all as an abomination and thus covor themselves from head to foot in grey armor and red clothes until all you can see is AN eye they have total mastery over blood and use it to reproduce (they are all female) no they are not lesbian as i said they reproduce with blood which is where the name comes from they have a hatred for all humanoid races and are in awe of the drakes because of thier sheer might.

tree:

Bloodborn Initiate--->Bloodborn Spellcaster--->Bloodborn Necromancer
------------------------------------------------------->Bloodborn Magus

Bloodborn Hunter--->Bloodborn Forester--->Bloodborn Ranger
------------------------>Bloodborn Mountaineer--->Bloodborn Archaeologist

Blood Construct--->Blood Beast--->Blood Terror

Bloodborn Piercer--->Bloodborn Impaler

Bloodborn Crusher--->Bloodborn Smasher--->Bloodborn Pulveriser

Heres image of bloodborn hunter:
Attachments
BloodBorn.png
BloodBorn.png (6.27 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
Last edited by DeViL on September 28th, 2006, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Good luck. [size=0]You're gonna need it.[/size]
DeViL

Post by DeViL »

bloodborn forester and a little more backstory

they live in the redwood forests which is why thier bows are red and the lower status fighters wooden weapons are.

Bloodborn forester:

The day will come for all bloodborn when they must prove themselves the hunters that manage this get longbows instead of shortbows and also get thier wooden swords replaced by poisoned metal ones thier mastery over forest is absolute and they can remain invisible in any forest.
Special Notes:This units melee attack will poison causing the unit to take 8 damage per turn until it is healed by a village or a unit with cure

This unit can become invisible in forests unless it has just attacked or there is an enemy beside it

please post feedback on what ive got
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: BloodBorn

Post by zookeeper »

Again, a faction idea without a single line that says anything about where the faction is supposed to fit, how it interacts with anything else in the WoW, etc. Anyone could pump out 10 such faction ideas per day, more or less, so it would sort of make sense to give some real setting, history, rationale, justification, etc.

A few things that IMHO really make the idea sound cheesy, boring and casual:

"these creatures are shunned by all as an abomination"
"they have total mastery over blood"
"they have a hatred for all humanoid races"
"the bloodborn"
viorc

Re: BloodBorn

Post by viorc »

DeViL wrote:New idea for faction the bloodborn
There is a bloodborn unit in the vampire faction as developped here.
You might find that these ideas have some relation with yours.
Jester, the author (who recently took a break from the forum), also developped his idea earlier in the Wargs (formely known as werewolves) faction thread - starting from here.
Not that I want to prevent you from creating your own faction :oops: , but it might be easier to take over long debated ideas for a first try.
Good luck indeed. :D
DeViL

Post by DeViL »

these people arent vampires they are half breeds who call themselves (until i find better name) the bloodborn and can control to be more specific to a certain degree the life forces much the same way a ghost drains to clear up zookeepers point about the cheesey points they hate all of the humans dwarves and elves because they threw them out and more or less exiled them from thier lands and they are shunned because its just wrong for a dwarf and elf female to mate :wink: im developing the story as i go along and any helpo with it would be most welcome
JW

Post by JW »

A) It makes no sense for dwarves and elves to mate
B) It makes no sense that if ~A is assumed that all of their offspring would be female
C) It makes no sense that if ~A is assumed that they would have mastery over blood
D) WTF is mastery over blood

My feedback is that this faction idea makes absolutely no sense. It actually makes the opposite of sense, which is nonsense.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Another faction idea is targetted by the regulars and flakked mercilessly. Despite a brief attempt by it's author to stave off the inevitable, the idea goes into a stomach churning tail spin before ploughing into the ground and disintergrating on impact.

Welcome to the forum.

However in this case I think the idea deserves the lambasting, for reasons already pointed out by JW and zookeeper.
Oh, and to add my little bit, that image is an edit. Not a good one either, basically a cheap colour hack.
DeViL

Post by DeViL »

wow nice community weve got here :roll:

ya know i could go around to tons of ideas and say they suck because they arent done but i dont do that

i know my storyline isnt perfect but as i said so many times before ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS

and actually the image is not an edit except for the boots and bow simply because i suck at these

i could go on trying to do anything for wesnoth but i give up if nobody likes to have any1 short of 1000 posts do anything GoodBye Wesnoth il miss you
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

DeViL wrote:ya know i could go around to tons of ideas and say they suck because they arent done but i dont do that

i know my storyline isnt perfect but as i said so many times before ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS
No one says your idea is bad because it's WIP. People simply don't like the idea you have.
DeViL wrote:i could go on trying to do anything for wesnoth but i give up if nobody likes to have any1 short of 1000 posts do anything GoodBye Wesnoth il miss you
We like people to contribute to Wesnoth. People are also welcome to do whatever factions and stuff they want to. Personally though, I see the vast majority of all these faction ideas as something that contribute nothing to Wesnoth, since they'll never become good enough for more than a few dozen people to toy around with them. If you have fun developing something like that, then it's all good, no problems, but there are a lot more useful ways to help Wesnoth, if that's your intention. I dare to claim that doing something as little as a single good unit animation that goes into mainline Wesnoth is much more useful for our little game here.
DeViL

Post by DeViL »

ok iv listened to what you all said and heres my new revamped backstory and name :)

they are now called tell if theres already a faction "The Fallen" a lil generic i know but sounds better IMHO

The fallen are a female race of forester/mounteneers much like the amazons they were created when the amazon tribe known as BloodLeaf was destroyed by a volcanic eruption at least thats what every1 thinks a few members of the tribe survived the eruption and found that the volcano had granted them powers powers over the lifeforces of other beings they used this power to create a new tribe which they named the fallen however shortly after doing this they themselves died now thier legacy remains in the fallen the amazoness' who have inherited a small portion of thier foremothers power this takes place several thousand years before official wesnoth history and i plan to make an era of a few factions that are in this timefframe the unit tree does stay the same

heres the unit art i have they are based on the elves so they look like edits but theyre not so dont go yellin at me for that
Attachments
L1
L1
BloodBorn.png (6.27 KiB) Viewed 6057 times
L2
L2
bloodbornforester.png (6.39 KiB) Viewed 6055 times
L3
L3
BloodbornTracker.png (6.56 KiB) Viewed 6057 times
L1 somethings bothering me about this guy and he is meant to be on his side like that
L1 somethings bothering me about this guy and he is meant to be on his side like that
Bloodconstruct.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 6056 times
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

So they are foresters/mountaineers with some undead spell capability. Seems like you picked the best of everything and threw it into a faction. However, to be interesting, this would have to be balanced by weaknesses. Maybe you could start to describe how they handle in gameplay (resistances, defenses, water/flying/scout units, ranged/melee ratio, attack specials).

Those sprites aren't so bad, maybe the level 2's are a bit too big and they all completely lack shading (WIP, as you said) and have too saturated colours.

I'm not commenting on the idea (others have), but then again the Drakes got in the game somehow, too :P.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

I hold back my opinion on the faction for now.
The blood contruct does not look at all like it is blood, or a contruct.
1) Blood does not shade in a gradient way, it is dark with shiney areas, much like a bubble if it was in that shape.
2) What the hell are the eyes and mouth? It would be better if they were indented parts of the blood
3) the angle is wrong, right now it looks like we are looking at it on the same level. It should be displayed from a raised veiw like the rest of the units.
4) No shadow
5) Why would a contruct of any liquid form a sphere? if it were floating that would make sense, but at least make some blood dripping down. It looks bad because it looks so perfectly round.
JW

Post by JW »

This new idea, though still a little sketchy, is far better than your old idea.

Also, read zookeeper's post closely; he speaks words of wisdom.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

There is no such word as every1. Please refrain from using it (or any words like it, such as any1, u, 2, etc).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm