The Dwarvish Treasure - Version 0.5

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Baufo
Inactive Developer

The Dwarvish Treasure - Version 0.5

Post by Baufo »

This is yet another MP-scenario. Your goal is to gather 40 points and reach the centre hex with the treasure first. I have not entirely tested it yet but I should already be rather playable.

I would be very grateful if you could tell me about grammatical and spelling mistakes in the messages of the scenario.
Last edited by Baufo on February 10th, 2007, 5:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
highhole

Post by highhole »

I have killed a monster of the cave and the game has crashed. :cry:
Error: no bug found
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

highhole wrote:I have killed a monster of the cave and the game has crashed. :cry:
In a MP game or with AI heros? I know that the game sometimes crashes if heros are controled by AI.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
highhole

Post by highhole »

In a game with the AI. If a local player controls No.7 there are no creeps. :?
Error: no bug found
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

highhole wrote:If a local player controls No.7 there are no creeps. :?
This issue appears everywhere not just in this scenario (Defence of the Marshal, etc.).
dreampilot

Post by dreampilot »

great gameplay baufo but the game freezes for the person hosting each time a player attacks one of the Yeti's and we think it is a serious bug. Maybe it can be fixed somehow.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

dreampilot wrote:great gameplay baufo but the game freezes for the person hosting each time a player attacks one of the Yeti's and we think it is a serious bug. Maybe it can be fixed somehow.
Thank you for the report, I will have a look. But I have really no idea what this problem could cause - there is no event linked with a yeti attack, only an event if the yeti dies. Hmm :?
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Version 0.0.3
Increase damage/health upgrades for creep kills to make the game faster.
Fixed bug that caused the guards not to unstone if the last yeti was killed on AI's turn.

I am not going to release 0.1 until I have finished at least one game.

But the major problem that causes the AI to freeze sometimes is not fixed. I am not even sure if this is not a C++ but a WML bug.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

0.0.3a: Just a minor (but not unimportant) bugfix.

Since the campaign server seems to be still down I post this again here.
Last edited by Baufo on September 2nd, 2006, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capn' Wankel

Post by Capn' Wankel »

Can anybody help me figure out why I can't host a Dwarvish treasure game? I downloaded the zip file and put the folder and the .cfg file all in the data/campaigns folder. I then go to host a game with only 3 ppl in it. I put it on dwarvish era and then put it on unlimited turns, use map settings, time limit, no fog, no shroud, observers welcome, experience 70% and create the game......

i put player 7 on computer and leave him random( Ihave tried it with the dwarvish era as well) then I have me and 2 other ppl playing and leave the remaining 3 slots on empty and begin the game and it pauses as if to load and then gives me the error that it could not find the map.

I opened the .cfg file and I think that it is pointed in the right place but it just keeps giving me the error that it can't see it everytime I try to create a new game.

If you guys can give me a hint I would appreciate it.

PS-I have played the game by joining a game made from the lobby by another person and I played all the way through with no problems. So I know that it works.....but I just have problems hosting one.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Capn' Wankel wrote:Can anybody help me figure out why I can't host a Dwarvish treasure game? I downloaded the zip file and put the folder and the .cfg file all in the data/campaigns folder. I then go to host a game with only 3 ppl in it. I put it on dwarvish era and then put it on unlimited turns, use map settings, time limit, no fog, no shroud, observers welcome, experience 70% and create the game......

i put player 7 on computer and leave him random( Ihave tried it with the dwarvish era as well) then I have me and 2 other ppl playing and leave the remaining 3 slots on empty and begin the game and it pauses as if to load and then gives me the error that it could not find the map.

I opened the .cfg file and I think that it is pointed in the right place but it just keeps giving me the error that it can't see it everytime I try to create a new game.

If you guys can give me a hint I would appreciate it.

PS-I have played the game by joining a game made from the lobby by another person and I played all the way through with no problems. So I know that it works.....but I just have problems hosting one.
Try to unzip it in userdata/data/campaigns/
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Finnaly I managed to finish a TD game! I have got the treasure 8)

So here is 0.1: removed all persentage increases for HP (only linear increases now) because >10,000 HP heros are ridiculous.
Last edited by Baufo on September 3rd, 2006, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capn' Wankel

Post by Capn' Wankel »

Yay u r the best ! Thanks that worked perfectly. Although I didn't have a folder that said campaigns in my userdata directory I made a new folder and named it campaigns and it works great.

Thanks again Baufo
Capn' Wankel

Post by Capn' Wankel »

Hey Baufo we have a little bug issue. I have been playing ur game a lot lately. The game went on infinite computer thinking mode when a yeti tried to attack a thunderer. I didn't think that the Yeti would attack but this is the second time this has happened.

The first time was on turn 2 when an assassin walked up and poisoned the yeti then on the computer's turn he attack with the yeti and it went in to think mode right when the yeti stopped attacking.

This last time the yeti attacked at the end of turn 14 and then right after the end of the attack the computer went in to think mode never to return.

Another thing I found was when someone dies to a walking corpse he goes back to the start but his dead body turns to a walking corpse that gives no upgrade or health when killed. (dunno if there is anything u could do with that...not a real big deal if u ask me)

But anyway I and a few guys are addicted to this game already and will be anxiously awaiting your bug fixing when u have a few minutes.

Keep up the good work and thanks again Baufo,
Lee
suokko
Inactive Developer

Post by suokko »

Yeti problem could be that yetis have negative movement and while AI tries to solve move it runs some path finding core forever. That would be serius bug in AI but could possible cause of game crashing.

When hero kills creeps in AI turn player cannot select which path he wants to go. That appened to me twice with red mage leveleing and I eneded u pwith silver mage which isn't bad think with teleports all around world :)

It's very nice scenario.