Holy Knights Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragon Master

Holy Knights Faction

Post by Dragon Master »

Remember that faction I proposed a while back? Well, me and jg have been working on it. Since artwork is always the hardest part for a faction, I've got quite a few of the base frames done (roughly half). Jg is working on a few as well. I know the base frames aren't perfect, but IMO they are acceptable. I'll post the frames that are completed at the end of this thread. If any artist would like to help your work will be greatly appeciated. Jg is mainly working on the stats right now, and we have quite a ways to go in almost every other part of the Knights. I'll post a backstory soon, unless someone wants to write one (please PM me if you do so I can give you the specifics). Questions and comments will be answered or considered, your feedback is appreciated. I would be happy if an artist would like to assist, even though I'm not supposed to ask. If anyone wants to surprise me with art or stat ideas, I would appreciate animations/frames for movement, attack, etc. of units who have base frames already. Stat ideas will be considered.
Attachments
Holy Knights.zip
Here's the unit tree and all completed base frames, sorry that the tree is a little hard to understand
(37.42 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
toms

Post by toms »

I don't remember the old thread...but aren't they abolut the same as the celestials? (Please excuse if I said something stupid)
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

No, the Knights are quite different than celestials. I expected this question, so it's ok. Celestials are angelic and mythological. With the exception of a few Holy Knight units, all of the knights are human. They are more zealous warriors with an adopted "holy" backround as an excuse for fighting, much like crusaders. The Celestials are more actual Holy creatures than anything else. (I apologize if I'm wrong about the celestials, haven't done my homework on them, but this is essentialy what I think)
JW

Post by JW »

Pretty close. Celestials are a humanoid race that grows wings (vestigal or not) and they have an expansionist mentality. They aren't really Holy themselves...but, well, this is a thread for your faction so that's all I'll say. :wink:
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

I'll have to come up with a backstory to differentiate them. Only three units in the Holy Knights ever become angelic looking, all of them are lvl3+, and one is a ghost so I don't see much room for error in mixing the factions up.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

I can't believe I forgot this!
The faction will also have one (possibly two, more on that later) new abilities for the missionary line that will function much like plague. The ability will essentially be the same, except the unit killed by the missionary will be brought back on your side as a lvl 0 follower. The follower unit will possibly level up into a missionary, or may just not have any higher level.

The ability idea that I came up with just recently is for the saint line (braches from the missionary). The ability will function like illuminate, except units in the aura will fight as if it is dawn or dusk (no bonus for chaotic or lawful).

Comments?
JW

Post by JW »

neat.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Dragon Master wrote:The faction will also have one (possibly two, more on that later) new abilities for the missionary line that will function much like plague. The ability will essentially be the same, except the unit killed by the missionary will be brought back on your side as a lvl 0 follower. The follower unit will possibly level up into a missionary, or may just not have any higher level.
That's pretty damned cool.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

wow, didn't expect such a positive response, thanks guys!
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Finshed the backstory, lots of juicy campaign material here:
Far away from wesnoth lies a continent near the equator of the planet called Dren by its inhabitants. Dren is less than half the size of Wesnoth and fairly flat, allowing its people to communicate easily and frequently. Because of the frequent communication the citizens of Dren are a tightly knit society with great patriotism to their rulers. Dren’s government is lead by a group of elders and veteran warriors who are in almost complete control of the country. They are followed because of their knowledge and their demonstrated prowess in defeating rebels and rampant beasts. Eventually Dren became advanced enough that they began to explore the outer reaches of their nation’s oceans. They visited many small isles, picking up hundreds of different products and wares, both in substance and in idea. Eventually corrupt merchants blackmailed their rulers by introducing plague, destructive monsters, or even the black arts. A renegade merchant guild bent on ruling Dren began to use their necromancy to create armies of dead, unstoppable armies which slaughtered anyone loyal to Dren’s rulers. The rulers, upon hearing of this threat, caused a mass panic by running away and abandoning their people. It was even rumored that they submitted to the merchant guild and handed all power over to the dark ones. The people pf Dren degenerated into chaos, their unorganized city-states being ransacked by the undead forces. The people became even less organized after the Merchant guild began introducing hideous abominations to Dren: Dragons in human bodies, lizardmen and beastmen, serpents and sea monsters terrorizing the coasts, giant insects hunting forest dwellers. All hope was lost. Eventually, new leaders showed themselves, organizing into overwhelmingly zealous bands of fighters. They all claimed to be Dren’s saviors, quarrelling with one another. At one point, saints began to appear, spreading word of the divine light and sun. The zealots were united under this new cause, and called their new order the Holy Knights. They fight with every ounce of power they muster until they either win or die. The knights vow to reclaim their land and bring peace back to Dren…
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

I'm on fire today: Here's the High Knight base frame, a beastly unit indeed.
Attachments
High Knight preview.png
High Knight preview.png (2.66 KiB) Viewed 7068 times
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Dude. Are you making these graphics on a Commodore 64?
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

no, why?
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Re: Really [censored] old graphics.

Post by Kestenvarn »

Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Well the purple backround is only there so you can see his sword, but yeah, I guess he's abit saturated. I was trying to give him very light armor without making it industiguishable from the shield