Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
fmunoz
Founding Artist

UTBS human commander

Post by fmunoz »

The images that the human commander unit uses in UTBS are too "uncommanderish" so I made a quick edit to them.
Only the standing one is fully done all the others are just quick edits to the original ones (things like boots still need to be fixed)
Also added with all other images in the zip, the cfg file to use the images and the team colour.
Attachments
human-commander.png
human-commander.png (2.63 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
humancommanderUTBS.zip
All other frames (need some edits) + cfg file
(18.7 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Alks

Post by Alks »

Yup, definitely commanderish, and should be looking well in specific UtBS setting.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Yeah, this guy would work better (I always thought that it was odd that the human commander looked exactly like the human ranger)
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

They look beautiful. Thanks a lot fmunoz!

The human commander looked like the human ranger because it's the same artwork. I was using whatever images I could get my hands on, and never had the opportunity to make better artwork. I definitely encourage anyone else who wants to help improve UTBS's artwork to private message me.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

quartex wrote:The human commander looked like the human ranger because it's the same artwork. I was using whatever images I could get my hands on, and never had the opportunity to make better artwork.
well duh :roll:

I was commenting on the reasoning, the artwork was obviously the same.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Some of the frames still need some work on them ... but it's really an easy work... (cut & paste mostly, boot colour and some forearm armour missing)
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

fmunoz wrote:Some of the frames still need some work on them ... but it's really an easy work... (cut & paste mostly, boot colour and some forearm armour missing)
Cool. When you get a chance to finish those edits, I'll gladly post the completed version.