swapping places and some others

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
scott

swapping places and some others

Post by scott »

Sorry if these ideas were proposed already. In fact, I would be surprised if they hadn't...

The first one is to have units be able to switch places. Currently you have to do a kind of 3-way dance to get a fresh unit in attack position and get a wounded one out in such a way that doesn't stop their future movement. In rough terrain or tight spots (lost general for one) this feature could be useful. Unlike stacking, it probably wouldn't change the game dynamics much, but it would be convienent.

Next, cumulative healing? This must have been one of the earliest ideas to be floated (but I didn't see it on the frequently proposed list), so since it's not in the game there must be a good reason why. Frugality of healing. Well then, how about...

Level 4 white mage with a daytime aura (even at night) and a "heal" attack you can use on your own units. He could be called an Illuminati. I know L4 units are frowned upon, though.

A night aura for one of the undead units, maybe the shadow or nightgaunt. I saw the Harry Potter trailer and it made me think of dementors.
Dacyn

Re: swapping places and some others

Post by Dacyn »

scott wrote:Sorry if these ideas were proposed already. In fact, I would be surprised if they hadn't...
well you are right about this...
scott wrote:Level 4 white mage with a daytime aura (even at night)
scott wrote:A night aura for one of the undead units, maybe the shadow or nightgaunt. I saw the Harry Potter trailer and it made me think of dementors.
currently the "Illuminates" specialty works in a complicated way that makes these be overcomplicated ideas with little benifit. I am in favor of simplifying the Illuminates specialty, for example just giving it +25% lawful bonus.
KISS- keep it simple, stupid

When reading the above quote from TWP, keep in mind the words of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: "Language is the source of misunderstandings."
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Dacyn wrote: currently the "Illuminates" specialty works in a complicated way
I don't see what's so complicated about the way 'Illuminates' works. It simply makes surrounding hexes exactly as if they were twilight when it is night, and as if it were day when it is twilight.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
mbabuskov

Post by mbabuskov »

scott wrote:Sorry if these ideas were proposed already. In fact, I would be surprised if they hadn't...

The first one is to have units be able to switch places.
Read here:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1215
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

Dave wrote:
Dacyn wrote: currently the "Illuminates" specialty works in a complicated way
I don't see what's so complicated about the way 'Illuminates' works. It simply makes surrounding hexes exactly as if they were twilight when it is night, and as if it were day when it is twilight.

David
assuming the scenario designer uses the normal night/day macros...
KISS- keep it simple, stupid

When reading the above quote from TWP, keep in mind the words of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: "Language is the source of misunderstandings."