Scenario statistics / Unit Statistics

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Chris NS

Scenario statistics / Unit Statistics

Post by Chris NS »

Whilst we're on the subject of statistics (I like the idea of unit statistics but appreciate that might require a bit of programming), is there any chance of coming up with a statistics box for an individual scenario rather than the entire campaign so far? It would be useful at the end of a scenario to see how many advancements you got, how many enemies you splatted, how many of your boys you lost, etc. (maybe how much gold you gained/lost), so that you can see how well you played. Would that need anything more than a small tweak?

Thread retitled to reflect the broadened scope --Irrevenant
kiet

Post by kiet »

You mean it would be some kind of high score?
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

Not really. I was thinking something more like the "statistics" box which is already available, except it only shows how many united you've killed/lost/recruited/recalled for that scenario only. None of the option currently in "statistic" strikes me as anything like a high score.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

It would be kind of nifty to have stats for each unit like in baseball:
(as discussed in this thread)

Dacyn the Knight

Damage dealt: 182
Damage taken: 93
Kills:
Skeleton Warrior: 3
Orcish Grunt: 5
etc.

it adds to the personalisation of your units.

Not a high priority by any means, but does add character to the game.
Last edited by irrevenant on May 30th, 2006, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jym

Post by Jym »

irrevenant wrote: Dacyn the Knight

Damage dealt: 182
Damage taken: 93
Kills:
Skeleton Warrior: 3
Orcish Grunt: 5
etc.

it adds to the personalisation of your units.
And then people will start suggesting that if a given unit has killed that many orcs it should know their weakness and gain bonuses while attacking the next one...
(Mmmmhh... that could do for a nice AMLA idea... +1 damage against a certain unit (unit line), only available if you already have killed more than 5 units of this type (line). Probably too much programming required...)
Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.
Keiju

Post by Keiju »

I think it would be nice to see the damage done and the EV (and damage received &c) for a single scenario. Just show it under the the stats shown for the whole campaign. Not that it would have any real meaning, but sometimes it would be nice to know (for example, if i get a feeling ive been very lucky in the current scenario, it would be nice to be able to check it)
Shotor_Rider

Post by Shotor_Rider »

scenario stats are easy to figure out: check the stats at the beginning and at the end and subtract:) unless you do not save the scenario starts, which is automatically asked.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

irrevenant wrote:It would be kind of nifty to have stats for each unit...
I agree, it would be cool.

But I also agree with this:
irrevenant wrote:Not a high priority by any means...
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

It would be kind of nifty to have stats for each unit like in baseball:

Dacyn the Knight

What happened to his job as a White Mage? Was it something Gweddery said?[/i]
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Chris NS wrote:It would be kind of nifty to have stats for each unit like in baseball:
Dacyn the Knight

What happened to his job as a White Mage? Was it something Gweddery said?[/i]
In that game (a few versions back now) I had a few different units called "Dacyn". I think someone said that unique hero names would be removed from the generic names list but I don't know if it ever happened.
Shotor_Rider

Post by Shotor_Rider »

Dude, how come my thread which has been posted a day before this one is locked but this one stays...not that I am whining, just curious.
:?:

now that we are on the unit stats, I also suggest to have a cemetry for deads, a box where you can open and see the names of dead units with the name of their killers and the scenario which they have died. I think we should give some character and respect to the martyrs of a battle. So that we all can go back to the campaigns that we have finished on the memorial day and pay tributes to those who sacrifised their lives for the sake of wesnoth. :lol:
Jester

Post by Jester »

Shotor_Rider wrote:Dude, how come my thread which has been posted a day before this one is locked but this one stays...not that I am whining, just curious.
:?:
One thread per idea...
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Shotor_Rider wrote:Dude, how come my thread which has been posted a day before this one is locked but this one stays...not that I am whining, just curious. :?:
Sorry, it's my fault. There were two subtly different threads (scenario statistics and unit statistics), and I replied to this one thinking it was yours, effectively transferring the unit statistics discussion to this thread. :oops: (I just wish phpBB had thread merging as well as splitting so I could roll in the stuff from your thread.) I've edited my post to reference your original thread now.

I would say this thread was kept rather than yours just because it had a higher post count.
Shotor_Rider wrote:now that we are on the unit stats, I also suggest to have a cemetary for deads, a box where you can open and see the names of dead units with the name of their killers and the scenario which they have died. I think we should give some character and respect to the martyrs of a battle. So that we all can go back to the campaigns that we have finished on the memorial day and pay tributes to those who sacrifised their lives for the sake of wesnoth. :lol:
That is a very cool suggestion. I suspect that the tricky bit is collecting the stats rather than displaying them. If individual unit stats are incremented, I imagine both views would be possible.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

I would say that this is all BWH.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

My fault, too... I hadn't seen yours at first, and I thought this one had come first. Teach me to check original post dates...

Yeah. We'll fix this somehow.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.