Necrophage replacement

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Necrophage replacement

Post by Jetrel »

Less of an RFC than just a statement. Based on a little collaborative work between me and Neo, we now have a new appearance for the necrophage. The graphics for the old necrophage have now become the graphics for the ghoul.

As for team coloring; I'm somewhat baffled as to how I'd go about doing it for this fella. I suppose a tattered loincloth could be tried, but it would be just as easy to apply those changes to this unit later, so at the least, these have been committed as they are. I'll experiment with the TC later.

Size note: As you can see, this guy's about the size of a terminally obese swordsman, though he actually sits somewhat higher in the hex.
Attachments
newNecrophage.png
newNecrophage.png (69.7 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Neat.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Will he open up his belly as a mouth when attacking as I originally intended him too :( ?
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Will he open up his belly as a mouth when attacking as I originally intended him too :( ?
:o Uhm. Uh....

I didn't draw him that way. He gives people a big fat guy hug, though.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

I noticed the old Ghoul portrait looks a bit skinny/miscolored for this ghoul. Maybe recoloring the new ghoul to the old color scheme would help, and distinguish it from the new necrophage as well.
Attachments
ghoul(new) recolored to ghoul(old)-style
ghoul(new) recolored to ghoul(old)-style
ghoul2-recolor.png (1.36 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

It would be better to modify the portrait, since there are other changes worth making as well.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Looks nice.

I don't think there's any way to tcolor this guy without it looking foolish. I think that's OK, though - not every unit has to be tcolored...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm