Draugr

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Post by JW »

Shadowdweller, I agree with your comments about the Warlord, but only inrespect to his damage. As for the Duelist, he is pretty sick anyway. These should probably be put in a different thread however.
Shadowdweller

Post by Shadowdweller »

As for the Duelist, he is pretty sick anyway. These should probably be put in a different thread however.
Interesting. Might I inquire in which manner you think the Duelist is sick?

Skirmisher is relatively potent, but then 5-5 for a total melee attack is certainly not anything extremely impressive (albeit decent) for a lvl 2 unit. There are a fair number of 1st level units that can surpass this.

Actually, hmm. This guy's also got pretty decent HP and movement. Going to have to experiment with them a bit more, I think.
Shadowdweller, I agree with your comments about the Warlord, but only inrespect to his damage.
Right. So which part then do you DISAGREE with, and why?
Shadowdweller

Post by Shadowdweller »

Shadowdweller wrote:Actually, hmm. This guy's also got pretty decent HP and movement. Going to have to experiment with them a bit more, I think.
Upon due consideration and experimentation, I recant what I said about the Duelist. It appears to have been a while since I've used them.
JW

Post by JW »

Shadowdweller wrote:
Shadowdweller, I agree with your comments about the Warlord, but only inrespect to his damage.
Right. So which part then do you DISAGREE with, and why?
I disagree with the your disapproval of the decrease in hp. The Orcish Grunt line already has terrific hp and very good damage for a unit that originally cost 12 gold. I think they should keep their damage for differentiation between races, but the hp I don't think needs to stay. I hope I'm clear now.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

I don't think the Warlord should get toned down, especially is regards to damage.
The HP decrease would make it less durable then the human Royal Guard :|. Not a good thing IMHO.
Shadowdweller

Post by Shadowdweller »

JW wrote:I disagree with the your disapproval of the decrease in hp. The Orcish Grunt line already has terrific hp and very good damage for a unit that originally cost 12 gold. I think they should keep their damage for differentiation between races, but the hp I don't think needs to stay. I hope I'm clear now.
By the time a unit achieves the xp necessary for lvl three, a difference of a mere 2 gold in the initial gold cost means exactly nothing.

Notwithstanding that orcs are thematically tough, the Warlord ALREADY suffers in survivability from having (admittedly very slightly) worse defense or resistances than other comparable fighter-types.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I don't mind the decrease in HP, but that AND the damage? Seems quite like overdoing it.

Also:

Elvish Champion: 12-4 melee
Royal Guard: 12-4 melee
Draug: Just got buffed to 12-4 melee
Orcish Warlord: Just got nerfed to 12-4 melee

Hey, whatever happened to preserving factional diversity?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
toms

Post by toms »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Hey, whatever happened to preserving factional diversity?
Probably the reason is that the skeleton gets an additional strike on level 2.
I suggest:

Skeleton: Stay the same; Revenant: 9/10 -3 ; Draug: about 14-3

And the Royal Guard seems also to be weaker than the champion/warlord in some points (ranged attack, champion´s defense in woods, orcish hill movement)
-but maybe it´s balanced with the 6 movepoints and the low XP req.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

I can see the grunt line damage going down but if you change the hp you might as well change their descr. All along itsays along the grunt line they are hardier and take more to fall. If you lower the hp by 8 they are only 2 hardier then the elf hero. Which well isn't even one more stroke if it just faces lv 1s! So if it gets nerfed in hp lose those lines or just put mime makeup on it since it'll be considered a joke due to the desc.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I feel that the Loyalists definitely have the best level-ups right now. Well balanced ones, stats-wise.

Then maybe the other factions should have other perks in their advancement. I admit, the standarization of the warlord also feel weird to me.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

This thread is becoming a complete jumble.
I am starting a new thread over here for the issues of the Orcish Warlord being downgraded and the 'factional conformity' pointed out by EP.
JW

Post by JW »

Zhukov wrote:This thread is becoming a complete jumble.
I am starting a new thread over here for the issues of the Orcish Warlord being downgraded and the 'factional conformity' pointed out by EP.
Actually pointed out by JW, but who's keeping track anyway? ;)