(UPDATE: 02/14/06)

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

scott

Post by scott »

I know it's valentine's day because I'm feeling love. These are SPECTACULAR, and I'm excited to see them!
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Tomsik wrote:Thrid from top is just.. awesome..
Rest is good as well, but thrid from top is my favorite.
:)
Really? I liked the others more. And the detail (backgrounds, etc) in the last one was spectacular. The last Ashviere portrait might it need some dark blouse under her corset to protect my not-so-innocent eyes. Just my opinion.

I had a couple of thoughts about the third frame: looks like the whiteout effect removes too much of your cool textures, and the cape seems to be out of synch with the sword-drawing motion.

Oh, and happy Valentine's. I love your art style!
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Sapient wrote: I had a couple of thoughts about the third frame: looks like the whiteout effect removes too much of your cool textures, and the cape seems to be out of synch with the sword-drawing motion.
I think it looks really cool, regardless
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Redeth
Art Contributor

Post by Redeth »

phew... got scared for a moment... but Johann's back, thank goodness! :lol:
- Rojo Capo Rey de Copas -
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

So... a good-sounding name AND artistic skill?.

Who did you make a deal with?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:So... a good-sounding name AND artistic skill?.

Who did you make a deal with?.
Do you really want to know?... :twisted:
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

That artwork is beyond incredible.
It was a great day for the Wesnoth project when you joined us. :D
(I really don't think I can put it any better then that.)
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Sapient wrote:The last Ashviere portrait might it need some dark blouse under her corset to protect my not-so-innocent eyes. Just my opinion.
I wouldn't say that is necessary imo.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Very nice! My only quibble is that in the second one, Delfador seems to not have a right arm. :?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Really good pictures ... As usual :) :D
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

martenzo wrote:These are THE best pictures I've seen, ever. But, as constructive critics, Ashiviere looks a little too young on the last picture, It's not ugly, just a little unlogical for someone to have a son who looks only ten years youger the the person. And happy Valentine's day to you too.
Look at her face.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Hmmm, a closer look has revealed some things that could do with a touch-up.
The soldiers in the background of #2 are all the same. I know it's a minor detail, but some slight variations wouldn't go astray.
The posture of the Prince looks a little strange in #3, too submissive perhaps? He doesn't appear to really be fighting.
Sapient wrote:The last Ashviere portrait might it need some dark blouse under her corset to protect my not-so-innocent eyes. Just my opinion.
Oh hell. Not this debate, not again... :x
Elvish Pillager wrote:...in the second one, Delfador seems to not have a right arm.
It's under his robe, surely. (I mean, where else is it going to get itself to?)
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Zhukov wrote:
Oh hell. Not this debate, not again... :x
The face, people! Try to pay attention...
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

martenzo wrote:These are THE best pictures I've seen, ever.
My spider-sense detects a lack of imagination.

These are wonderful, though. Thanks, Johann.

I believe, as an interim solution towards having them at their native resolution of 1024x768, which requires some slight code work, I'm going to toss most of the old ones and replace them with what Johann has posted so far. If someone desperately needs them for their own campaign, they're in our SVN repository's history. I'll also be putting in Kestenvarn's map (finally) - which I'll try to size to line up with the old, so that scott doesn't have to redefine the XY points for the overlays.
Johann
Art Contributor

Post by Johann »

Hello! Once again, thanks for the comments and crits. I have already addressed some of them: added a visible arm to Delf, and gave individual faces to the soldiers in the Delf+army pic, as well as the earlier King+army pic. As for the queen, I purposely tried to make her a bit youthful, considering Konrad is still a baby during this period, we don't want her looking like a 60 something hag with sagging breasts when he is all grown up- gotta keep that sexy tyrant factor right? :wink: Unless we do want to go the haggish route, that can be arranged.

Btw, Jetryl I have the 1024x768 format of these pics. I was planning on sending them to you in bulk upon completion, but if you need the hi-res now, just let me know.

I appreciate the feedback. Hoping to wrap this up soon. You all have a good one!
Johann de Venecia / sketchbook