Wesnoth 1.1.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Loyalist

Post by Roman Loyalist »

anybody plz make delta file for Windows :roll:
#Cakes

Post by #Cakes »

First of all..
Ive just discovered Wesnoth, and I must say that it is absolutely excellent.. Nice one :)

I was playing 1.1 (win) and have tried 1.1.1 (win) using Linux source and win exe - Seems to work fine!
However, on 1.1.1 for Windows, I have managed to defeat the bone dragon (The drowned plains) and when it tries to load the next level (approaching Weldyn?) is comes up with an error that you may or may not know about.

.."The game could not be loaded. Load_Game_Failed:unit not found:Lord"

I couldnt find a Lord.cfg in my units folder - Am I on the right track?

Any ideas??

[Edit] Just copied the Lord.cfg from 1.1 to my 1.1.1 folder. That sorted it. Is this missing from the Linux 1.1.1 install package? :shock:

Cheers

#C
rusty
Inactive Developer

Collecting more stats

Post by rusty »

Viliam wrote:
Boucman wrote:please note the new "help wesnoth" button in the main menu... it allows the game to send us logs of what you did in single player games, and thus helps us balance single players campaigns
Please, in future versions also include info in which language the game is played. I would like to have some feedback on how many people use my translation.
An interesting idea. So far I've deliberately shied away for collecting anything non-essential, to minimize privacy concerns. A more sophisicated mechanism for selecting what to log (preferences, machine info, user name) and a log viewer would make this more palatable I think.
isaac
Inactive Developer

Post by isaac »

Roman Loyalist wrote:anybody plz make delta file for Windows :roll:
Not sure why, but the xdelta from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 is almost as big as 1.1.1 itself. So there's no point in uploading it. Sorry :(
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

#Cakes wrote:However, on 1.1.1 for Windows, I have managed to defeat the bone dragon (The drowned plains) and when it tries to load the next level (approaching Weldyn?) is comes up with an error that you may or may not know about.

.."The game could not be loaded. Load_Game_Failed:unit not found:Lord"

I couldnt find a Lord.cfg in my units folder - Am I on the right track?

[Edit] Just copied the Lord.cfg from 1.1 to my 1.1.1 folder. That sorted it. Is this missing from the Linux 1.1.1 install package? :shock:
Okay, I found the problem. This one is related to moving campaign specific units to the respective campaign folders. Everybody has forgotten, that the line Konrad is in, also appears in Eastern Invasion. So we have to copy this unit over to EI, too.
Thanks for pointing us to this bug.
scott

Post by scott »

ivanovic wrote: Okay, I found the problem. This one is related to moving campaign specific units to the respective campaign folders. Everybody has forgotten, that the line Konrad is in, also appears in Eastern Invasion. So we have to copy this unit over to EI, too.
Thanks for pointing us to this bug.
The weird thing is I remember us talking about this. I guess we forgot to actually copy it over. Oh well. Sorry.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Jean-Seb

Post by Jean-Seb »

I'm not really sure it's the good place to report bugs, so excuse me.

It seems that in the 1.1.1 for Windows, it lacks a DLL file (MSVCR71.DLL to precise).
Can you tell me where I can find it?
I won't sign....

Even under torture :D
deserter
Art Contributor

Post by deserter »

Jean-Seb wrote:I'm not really sure it's the good place to report bugs, so excuse me.

It seems that in the 1.1.1 for Windows, it lacks a DLL file (MSVCR71.DLL to precise).
Can you tell me where I can find it?
I would google it. :)
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: Wesnoth 1.1.1

Post by ivanovic »

isaac wrote: Instructions for bug reporting can be found -
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReportingBugs
There you find the info about how to and where to report bugs. That is where we definatly find and do not forget the bugs.
dthurston

Campaigns for 1.1.1?

Post by dthurston »

It seems that a lot of campaigns don't work with 1.1.1 due to changes in WML (e.g., short/long versus melee/ranged). Is there any way to tell from the campaign server which campaigns have been updated?
Jean-Seb

Re: Wesnoth 1.1.1

Post by Jean-Seb »

ivanovic wrote:
isaac wrote: Instructions for bug reporting can be found -
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReportingBugs
There you find the info about how to and where to report bugs. That is where we definatly find and do not forget the bugs.
Ok, thanks. I was quite hurry this afternoon (yes it was the afternoon in France) and I'll put it there right now, if it hasn't be done yet.

A Last thing, to the team:
Plaese go on with Wesnoth, this game is simply awesome!
I won't sign....

Even under torture :D
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Excellent job with the new 1.1.1!! I am impressed! Btw, found a small bug and an "annoyance".

* bug: whenever I am in a dialog / menu, I see another arrow in the upper-left corner like in the image

* annoyance: in the italian translation, the whole main menu is translated EXCEPT the "help wesnoth" button... It sounds really odd.
Attachments
Arrow.JPG
Arrow.JPG (90.57 KiB) Viewed 6667 times
Standing With So Cold A Heart... Watching The Death Of The Sun...
deserter
Art Contributor

Post by deserter »

Polaris wrote:Excellent job with the new 1.1.1!! I am impressed! Btw, found a small bug and an "annoyance".

* bug: whenever I am in a dialog / menu, I see another arrow in the upper-left corner like in the image

* annoyance: in the italian translation, the whole main menu is translated EXCEPT the "help wesnoth" button... It sounds really odd.
I guess that "help wesnoth" button is such a new feature that it isn't translated yet...

For the arrow bug: I have the same one, but it only disappears when I'm scrolling a map. It was there in the 1.1 too, now that I think of it. :shock: I should have reported the bug but I forgot. Have you (Polaris) reported it in an appropriate place?
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Wooooooooooop! You are right... Just posted both on GNA! :P
Standing With So Cold A Heart... Watching The Death Of The Sun...
Ishka

Post by Ishka »

I have just installed 1.1.1 and I have to see that my favorite map (Across the River) and my favorite Era (Classic) have been gone. Further I faild to transfer them from an older Version to the new one (on Linux).

My question: How can I do that, or do I have to stay with an old one?