Compiling under VC 7.1.3088

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

saragar

Compiling under VC 7.1.3088

Post by saragar »

I followed the walkthrough in the wiki, but it fails on linking when it can't find "libfreetype.lib"

The folder "wesnoth\freetype-2.1.8-lib\lib" contains:

/pkgconfig
freetype.def
freetype.lib
freetype-bcc.lib
libfreetype.dll.a

I got desperate and tried replacing libfreetype.lib under Additional Dependencies with freetype.lib and of course that failed (or at least it seemed to from the 20 quintillion unresolved external symbol errors).

I've tried reinstalling the full freetype package as well as the source, and I don't see the file anywhere.

Any ideas?
saragar

Post by saragar »

Bump. :(
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

You need probably to rename "freetype.lib" to "libfreetype.lib"
saragar

Post by saragar »

I tried that.

I still get tons of unresolved external symbol errors.
saragar

Post by saragar »

I also (eventually) managed to get freetype versions 2.1.10, 2.1.8, and 1.3.1 to compile to see if that somehow created the file.... but it didn't. I also tried renaming the library files that produced, but with no luck.
Ryo
Inactive Developer

Post by Ryo »

Could you paste a few of the missing dependencies?

Maybe you're missing another library in the settings.

I remember the first configuration, to set up correctly librairies and such, was a real pain....
saragar

Post by saragar »

Well, it gives up attempting to link once that fails.

But in case you're interested

Here's the "Additional Dependancies":

odbc32.lib
odbccp32.lib
SDL.lib
SDLmain.lib
SDL_mixer.lib
SDL_net.lib
SDL_image.lib
intl.lib
libfreetype.lib

And here's the "Additional Library Directories"

C:\wesnoth\freetype-2.1.10\objs
.\gettext-0.13\lib
.\src\sdl_ttf
.\SDL_net-1.2.5\lib
.\SDL-1.2.8\lib
.\SDL_mixer-1.2.6\lib
.\SDL_image-1.2.4\lib

libfreetype.lib is simply missing and compiling freetype doesn't produce it (anymore?).

If I remove libfreetype.lib from the additional dependancies, this is the result:

wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::BAD_TEXT" (?BAD_TEXT@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::BAD_TEXT" (?BAD_TEXT@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::BOLD_TEXT" (?BOLD_TEXT@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::BOLD_TEXT" (?BOLD_TEXT@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::GOOD_TEXT" (?GOOD_TEXT@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::IMAGE" (?IMAGE@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::IMAGE" (?IMAGE@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::LARGE_TEXT" (?LARGE_TEXT@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::LARGE_TEXT" (?LARGE_TEXT@font@@3DB)
wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::NORMAL_TEXT" (?NORMAL_TEXT@font@@3DB)

and so on...
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Use this. You might need to rename it.
"It is time people learned about their failures and my successes."
saragar

Post by saragar »

wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const font::GOOD_TEXT" (?GOOD_TEXT@font@@3DB)

I changed it to libfreetype.lib and stuck it in the objs subdirectory...
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Maybe 'marked-up_text.cpp' isn't in your project files?
saragar

Post by saragar »

/* $Id: marked-up_text.cpp 9009 2005-12-03 18:12:10Z ott $ */

edit:// well it's not in the actual source files list under VC
saragar

Post by saragar »

wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class std::vector<unsigned int,class std::allocator<unsigned int> > __cdecl string2rgb(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (?string2rgb@@YA?AV?$vector@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)

wesnoth error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class std::vector<unsigned int,class std::allocator<unsigned int> > __cdecl string2rgb(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (?string2rgb@@YA?AV?$vector@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@@Z)

and so on

down to 47 linker errors! :D
Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

color_range.cpp
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

i just updated the VC++ 6.0 project file for the current trunk version. You maybe might want to have a look at that to see what is needed.

Hope that helps :) .
Attachments
wesnoth_dsp.zip
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
saragar

Post by saragar »

Well, that's helped a bit.

Down to 14 linker errors. *Crosses fingers*

These don't seem to be like the others though...

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ioctlsocket@12 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall network::`anonymous namespace'::connect_operation::run(void)" (?run@connect_operation@?A0x08cfe862@network@@UAEXXZ)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _select@20 referenced in function "enum SOCKET_STATE::SOCKET_STATE __cdecl `anonymous namespace'::send_buf(struct _TCPsocket *,class std::vector<char,class std::allocator<char> > &)" (?send_buf@?A0x2f15b0bc@@YA?AW4SOCKET_STATE@1@PAU_TCPsocket@@AAV?$vector@DV?$allocator@D@std@@@std@@@Z)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_CloseFont referenced in function "void __cdecl `anonymous namespace'::clear_fonts(void)" (?clear_fonts@?A0x81d0399d@@YAXXZ)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_FontHeight referenced in function "int __cdecl font::get_max_height(int)" (?get_max_height@font@@YAHH@Z)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_GetFontStyle referenced in function "public: __thiscall `anonymous namespace'::font_style_setter::font_style_setter(struct _TTF_Font *,int)" (??0font_style_setter@?A0x81d0399d@@QAE@PAU_TTF_Font@@H@Z)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_Init referenced in function "public: __thiscall font::manager::manager(void)" (??0manager@font@@QAE@XZ)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_OpenFont referenced in function "struct _TTF_Font * __cdecl `anonymous namespace'::open_font(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,int)" (?open_font@?A0x81d0399d@@YAPAU_TTF_Font@@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@H@Z)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_Quit referenced in function "public: __thiscall font::manager::~manager(void)" (??1manager@font@@QAE@XZ)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_RenderUNICODE_Blended referenced in function "public: class std::vector<struct surface,class std::allocator<struct surface> > const & __thiscall font::`anonymous namespace'::text_surface::get_surfaces(void)const " (?get_surfaces@text_surface@?A0x81d0399d@font@@QBEABV?$vector@Usurface@@V?$allocator@Usurface@@@std@@@std@@XZ)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_SetFontStyle referenced in function "struct _TTF_Font * __cdecl `anonymous namespace'::get_font(struct _TTF_Font::font_id)" (?get_font@?A0x81d0399d@@YAPAU_TTF_Font@@Ufont_id@1@@Z)

wesnoth error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TTF_SizeUNICODE referenced in function "public: void __thiscall font::`anonymous namespace'::text_surface::measure(void)const " (?measure@text_surface@?A0x81d0399d@font@@QBEXXZ)