Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Sapient
Inactive Developer

attempts at new swamp tiles

Post by Sapient »

Anyone who wants to take a stab at drawing a new swamp tile, post it here. I'll start off by redirecting you to Yobbo's old thread.

And here is my first attempt (along with references):
Attachments
swampwater-old.png (7.63 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
swampwater.png (5.31 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
sapient mod2
sapient mod2
swampwater-sapient2.png (9.81 KiB) Viewed 5861 times
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Uuuuuuhhhh... i like mod2. Clearer water would make it so much sexier to my eye too.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I like yours as an addition, but if you saw that same log on every tile it would look a little funny, can you post a version without a random variant?

EDIT: And I think it fits more with the new realistic style too.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Well of course it wouldn't be the same log every time, you silly! :)

I just haven't drawn all the variants yet.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

I like it. I also think that a similar style of plants might work as an upgrade for the tropical forest as well.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I don't know...I like them for swamps, but I like the tropical forest as-is.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

The last you've made isn't bad at all, but I'd like to see it in game. I'm not sure of how it would be in it.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
toms

Post by toms »

I never knew that this terrain should show a swamp. Thank you Sapient,
now I know what the green slime is. :mrgreen: :P

But my idea is to make a Wesnoth with mushroms, green slime,
some candy trees, and gum plains.

:roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
scott

Post by scott »

I can really believe the top picture is a swamp. Let's see it on a map.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

There will need to be lots of variations to make it look good, but I like it. Swamps are more than green water with some occasional reeds...
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
player

Post by player »

the 1st one is kinda good,,but i cant understand some of its elements(i understand them,but they dont look like what they are suppose to)...

another thing,,i still like the second swamp better than urs :lol:
-jew
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I don't dislike the second one, it could be made a variation with the same stats as shallow water called "murky water" or something of the sort, but, as a swamp, your new one is definetly better.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

player wrote: another thing,,i still like the second swamp better than urs :lol:
If you want to contribute to this project, at least tell me more specifically what I can do to improve my art. Really, offering vague insults is not welcome here. What would be most welcome is for you to post some of your own artwork, as I have requested at the top of the thread. You can even use my tile or 1.1 swamp tile as a starting point.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I think you are too picky, I agree that he should be more exact at what he finds better compared to your version, but taking his opinion as meant to be an insult to you is slightly unfair to him.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

shevegen wrote:I think you are too picky, I agree that he should be more exact at what he finds better compared to your version, but taking his opinion as meant to be an insult to you is slightly unfair to him.
Considering jew recently posted, "urs juz looks like sh-t," I think I am being reasonable and polite.