AI flaw

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CuddleFish

AI flaw

Post by CuddleFish »

I've played one third of the scenarios in "Heir to the Throne" so far, and already i discovered a serious weakness of the AI.

The AI is too easily lured into water...
I've slaughtered entire armies of level 2 units with just a squad of mermen fodder and some support units. :twisted:

The Typical Slaughter
1.) I move my force of 9 to 12 mermen (They are CHEAP to mass produce) close to coastline, and send a resilient one to steal a coastal village.
2.) The DUM DUM orc/undead leader orders 2/3 of his army to go after the village stealer, some units manage to reach it and do some damage
3.) I order the half dead village stealer to retreat far into the water
4.) 2/3 of the orc army jumps into the water to engage my mermen, too bad for them mermen have 60%-70% defense in water, while their defense is reduced to 20%, they do almost no damage while sustaining heavy damage themselves
5.) After the orc army is severely weakened, my land army arrives just in time to pick them off
"Quantity has a quality of its own" Joesph Stalin
scott

Post by scott »

I really spent some time wondering in which order I should put these responses.

1. You'll be pleased to know that there is much less water in the rest of the campaign. The AI's propensity for attacking from bad terrain is something that can be controlled, but it's hard to tilt the parameters without throwing something else out of whack. Enjoy the free XP and feel free to contribute to the many "scenario review" topics in the users forum.

2. Stand down on the avatar. I recommend you self-limit to 72-96 pixels square unless you want to be really unpopular.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

How'd you get an avatar that big??
Sorry for the meaningless post
scott

Post by scott »

I think it's a link to an off-site url. If not, then I have no idea.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

It won't even let me have one half the size xp
Sorry for the meaningless post
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

:shock: Who! Glad it's not an animated avatar.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Zebulon
Art Developer

Post by Zebulon »

romnajin wrote:How'd you get an avatar that big??
If you link to an off-site image, you can have any size you want.